Product Control – North America G10 Rates, Markets Treasury & Finance Desk Product Control Assista
Product Control – North America G10 Rates, Markets Treasury & Finance Desk
Product Control Assistant Vice President, Mexico City, Mexico
Citi’s Finance Division is comprised of various global functions, including: Treasury, Tax, Controllers, Financial Planning & Analysis, Investor Relations and Mergers & Acquisitions. The Finance Division is the guardian and communicator of key financial information and controls. As a partner with Citi’s various businesses, Citi Finance drives business franchise and legal entity decisions on capital planning, liquidity, budgeting, tax, strategic direction and policy management.
Product Control is a specialized area within the Controllers discipline responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of a trading desk or business product. Product Control reports daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly revenues and is responsible for key controls over revenue reporting and analysis, balance sheet reporting and analysis, new transaction reviews, foreign exchange exposure reporting and coverage, and independent price verification.
For this role, the candidate will support the NAM G10 Rates, Markets Treasury & Finance Desk Businesses, among the primary businesses within the Citi Markets & Securities Services Organization. These businesses conduct market making in interest rate cash and OTC derivative products. The business trades in Sovereigns, Supra-nationals, Agencies and covered bonds, interest rate and cross currency swaps, options, exotic derivatives and inflation bonds and related OTC derivatives. The objective of this role is to become a subject matter expert on all aspects of these products and play a prominent role in driving processes forward to enhance controls.
• Manage a team of several professionals, interacting with members across multiple locations on a daily basis.
• Oversight and Production of the daily P&L statement validation and reporting of the NAM Finance Desk business, specifically focused on Government securities, secured financing transactions, interest rate swaps, options, and futures.
• Production of daily and month-end sub-ledger / ledger validation;
• Review and assess sizable balance sheet and supporting regulatory reporting, month-end closing process and quarterly / annual disclosure reporting;
• Understand the Profit Attribution Analysis (PAA) of the portfolio. As well as the daily reconciliation of PAA vs the reported desk revenues.
• Reconciliation of daily risk and positions
• Daily interaction with other colleagues throughout the organization, including, trading desks, transactor’s, middle office, risk management, business unit management teams and operations will be necessary to resolve issues and drive change;
• Management Control Self-Assessment preparation for the respective control functions in Finance Desk.
• Ad hoc projects / assignments including system development, redesigning and streamlining daily and monthly processes, not just for team, but also for the larger department;
• Providing and reviewing analytics / control metrics for the management team;
• Bachelor’s degree required, Finance and / or Accounting degree preferred;
• Advanced degree, CPA and / or CFA a big plus;
• Minimum 4 years related business experience required; experience supporting fixed income secured financing and derivatives trading desks; prior management experience also preferred;
• Must have strong knowledge in accounting fundamentals, transfer pricing, transformation management, financial modeling, portfolio management and understanding of cash flows and asset valuation preferred, particularly with rates-related products;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written required;
• Strong MS Office Excel skills a must, Access, PowerPoint and other financial systems are pluses;
• Must have a good eye for detail, but also be able to step back and see the larger strategic picture;
• Must manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while meeting deadlines and working under pressure;
• Goals and solutions oriented as well as self- driven
More searches like this
- Multimanager Strategies Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors