Commodities Product Control Assistant VicePresident
- The Prod Ctrl Sr. Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the bank's books and records in coordination with the Finance team. The overall objective of this role is to control and support data integrity and general ledger reconciliation, profit attribution and new activity analysis, valuation control and product P&L and balance sheet reporting.
- Apply in-depth industry knowledge towards the development of new techniques and improving processes or work-flow for the Finance department
- Serve as a subject matter expert within Finance
- Evaluate moderately complex issues utilizing data, and select the best action between potentially conflicting situations
- Analyze data by filtering, prioritizing, and validating moderately complex information from multiple sources
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Key job responsibilities are:
- Responsible for month end close process for assigned legal entities. Perform reconcilications between sub ledger, general ledger systems and analyze/reconcile variances between daily PnL estimates and month end actual results.
- Perform daily reconciliation of the front office risk system versus back office product processor ensuring material breaks are escalated for resolution
- Perform independent review of the profit and loss attribution produced by the front office risk system which encompasses daily compilation and distribution of profit and loss, profit and loss attribution and commentary on main drivers of the profit and loss for review by the business
- Analyze and report the daily profit and loss and commentary
- Post manual adjustments required to temporarily correct errors in the product processor ensuring material adjustments are reviewed and approved
- Participate in the month end price verification and pricing reserve processes for respective area(s) controlled ensuring results are communicated to the business and posted to the ledger
- Analyze the results of month end balance sheet reconciliation and revenue tie outs for respective area(s) controlled ensuring breaks identified are reviewed, resolved and escalated appropriately
- Redesign and streamline daily and monthly processes to create efficiencies
- Work closely with other stakeholders (Front Office, Accounting Policy, Middle Office, Operations, Compliance, Market Risk, Legal and IT) on new products, structured transactions, trading book purchases, adhoc business aligned projects and compliance with regulatory (e.g. Dodd Frank) requirements
- Work closely with manager in covering SOX and related Risk and Control Self-Assessment responsibility for the respective area(s) under responsibility
- Provide adhoc analytics/metrics to the business and Finance management team
- Participate in collection and analysis of data for external regulatory requests (Fed, CFTC, FERC, OCC) and audit reviews
More searches like this
- Commodities Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors