Client Services Associate
CLIENT SERVICES ASSOCIATE
William Blair Investment Management is a premier global investment management boutique, with a sole focus on active management across equity, fixed income, currency and multi-asset strategies. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. We work closely with the most sophisticated investors globally across institutional and intermediary channels, including consultants, private and public pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, and financial advisors. We are a U.N.-Supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Signatory, Tier-1 U.K. Stewardship Signatory, Investor Stewardship Group Member (Framework for U.S. Stewardship and Governance), and Signatory to the Japan and Korea Stewardship Codes. We are based in Chicago with resources in New York, London, Zurich, Sydney, Stockholm, The Hague, and Singapore, and dedicated coverage for Canada.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate William Blair’s relationship management activities for existing smaller and mid-sized clients, with a focus on moderately complex transactions and issues. Support client relationship goals by providing excellent customer service in all interactions with clients, including professionalism in communication, timely response to inquiries and proactive follow up and follow through. Regularly interact with clients to address inquiries, produce client reports, answer questions and address client needs that are more administrative in nature.
- Perform client service duties associated with the maintenance of client portfolios, with special focus on moderately complex transactions and issues.
- Support client relationship goals by handling projects with initiative, accuracy and a sense of urgency.
- Work with administrative group, Client Services, Portfolio Specialists and other internal groups on general accounting tasks such as verifying cash flows and reporting responsibilities. Provide timely and accurate documentation and reporting.
- Interact on a daily basis with client organizations. Address inquiries from custodians and clients, such as answering questions, running client reports, including client meeting books and performing specific research and/or investigations into operational issues.
- Prepare materials for client review meetings.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business.
- 3-5 years of portfolio administration experience with an investment management firm, custodian or investment management consultant required.
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63 and 65) licenses must be obtained within 90 days of start date.
- Commits to satisfying internal and external customers.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks.
- Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Works cooperatively with others to accomplish objectives.
- Utilizes independent thought and judgment.
William Blair is an equal opportunity employer. It complies with all laws and regulations that prohibit discrimination in employment practice because of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, unfavorable discharge from the military service or on the basis of a physical or mental disability that is unrelated to the employee's ability to perform the duties of the job applied for.