Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Keep updated knowledge on global and local macroeconomic environment plus
local regulatory framework to formulate investment strategies and translate them
into fund performance
- Work with internal and external counterparties on deal sourcing and structuring
to meet investment requirements and participate in (1) 1-on-1 issuer's meetings,
(ii) regular market update / interest rate meetings, (iii) relative value discussions
of new and secondary market issues
- Identify appropriate investment opportunities that meet the client's / fund's objectives
Develop and maintain portfolio-wide analytics to track sectoral and name risk to
ensure minimal impairments
- Perform regular fund reviews and portfolio manager calls to (a) ensure compliance with fund mandates and (b) determine that investment risks are being managed appropriately. The review should also be performed any time when critical changes occur which may affect funds.
- Focus on continuous improvement in monitoring systems and maintain up-to-date, comprehensive, and well-organized data for analysis
- Regularly review and update relevant credit and risk management procedures to be in line with the regulatory requirement and internal policy
- Assist on ad-hoc projects relating to fixed income as assigned from time to time
- Deep understanding of responsible fixed-income assets and home market dynamics.
- Previous HKD bond fund experience will be preferred.
- Familiar with credit fundamentals of different sectors, issuers, and their business environment, valuation & technical.
- Proficiency in portfolio analytical tools e.g. Bloomberg PORT.
- At least 7+ years of fund management experience with a sound knowledge of total return strategies and credits on responsible markets
- Ability to work independently, with oversight, and handle multiple demands
- Strong aptitude in portfolio analysis and strong communication skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related fields
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CFA, FRM preferred
- Good communication skill and fluency in English
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Possession of relevant SFC license required