Fundamental equity research and analysis on individual stocks that supports all stock model portfolios and funds run by the EFGAM Equity Research team (Pan-European basis).
Producing and maintaining research analysis associated with stock selection process.
Communicating research and results.
Duties / responsibilities
- Identify, analyse and articulate stock investment ideas using fundamental stock analysis focusing on European equities (continental Europe and UK).
- Present stock recommendations to European and Global fund managers.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with company management and investor relations
- Support analysis and understanding of stocks within the model portfolios run at EFGAM
- Produce and maintain research notes and spreadsheet models associated with stock selection process, keeping abreast of company and market developments as required
- Perform and write up other research as required, including analysis that supports other aspects of EFGAM process such as asset allocation or that may be of general interest
- Attend relevant industry conferences
- Communicate research and results to team members and the rest of EFG as appropriate
- Provide analysis to portfolio managers, CROs and other relevant parts of EFG
- Liaise with the sales and marketing department - providing stock selection marketing material
- Liaise with Client Relationship Officers and provide information to them
Equity Team support
- Support the qualitative and quantitative processes and needs of the team
- Use Factset and other IT tools to provide ad-hoc bespoke reports and update current reports/data downloads
- Ensure data integrity across platforms
- To adhere to, and maintain knowledge of, all applicable legislation, including relevant parts of the FSA Handbook, and in particular Statements of Principal and Code of Practice for Approved Persons and the Training and Competence Sourcebook
- Undertake other duties as assigned
Additionally, all staff are expected to:
- Keep their knowledge up-to-date regarding market and regulatory developments, as appropriate to their role
- Treat customers fairly and act in their best interest offering a transparent, efficient and professional service.
Risks individual is responsible for, as appropriate to their role and the boundaries of their authority
|client credit risk||X|
|regulatory compliance risk||X|
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience covering UK and European stocks as a generalist (or at least 3+ sectors). Experienced sell-side analysts will also be considered.
- Proven track-record of value generating stock recommendations.
- Depth of knowledge of accounting, finance, economic and the regulatory environment.
- Financial modelling.
- Passion for stock picking and investing.
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Ideally CFA qualified but will also consider part qualified. Fully or partly qualified accountants also welcome
- Analytical thinking and decision making
- Self-started, motivated, inquisitive and intellectually curious team-player
- Effective written and oral communication
This job description is non-contractual and provided for guidance only. It will be updated and amended from time to time in accordance with the changing needs of the Bank, regulatory expectations and the requirements of the job.
Additionally to the job description, the individual will be expected to comply with reasonable management instructions.