Equity Capital Markets Manager
The Equity Capital Markets Manager will work within T. Rowe Price Investment Management (TRPIM) Equity Trading with the primary responsibility for executing public equity transactions. This individual must have a strong understanding of the capital markets and keep abreast of evolving market trends, both within capital markets as well as broader equities. Strong negotiation skills are paramount to success in this role. Being able to build, maintain and leverage relationships both externally and internally is essential.
- Monitor and gather daily deal information from underwriters. Collaborate with TRPIM portfolio managers and analysts and communicate collective interest with bookrunners.
- Help drive pricing negotiations where appropriate; understand deal mechanics and book color.
- Manage the maintenance aspects of the capital markets role including, but not limited to, deal recording and tracking, internal deal allocations, and coordination with the ITS (Investment and Trading Solutions) team to model and book trades.
- Liaise with the Corporate Access team to organize deal meetings and attendance. Attend company meetings where appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships with portfolio managers, analysts, and trading team colleagues.
- Develop, maintain, and manage productive external relationships with a broad set of broker dealers and buy-side counterparts.
- Leverage technology to promote workflow efficiency and partner with Global Technology to identify areas for improvement.
- Gather and analyze trends within Equity Capital Markets. Communicate relevant information to traders, analysts, and portfolio managers.
- Understand the unique investment objectives of each TRPIM investment strategy and the role that capital markets plays for each fund.
- Help guide secondary market trading in deal names.
- Coordinate with the CPET (Centralized Private Equity Team) where appropriate as private deals become public. Maintain a working knowledge of the private equity landscape.
- Conduct trading activities in compliance with all applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree.
- 5+ years of prior equity capital markets experience; preferably on the buy-side.
- Equity trading background or experience.
- Strong negotiating, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships both externally and internally; pre-existing dealer relationships preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team of portfolio managers, analysts, and traders.
- Strong negotiating, quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task with precision under pressure.
- Capacity/desire to work extended hours beyond the standard trading day.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; sound judgement with high integrity.
- Interest in technology and promoting solution to improve trading efficiency.
- Interest in continuing education and self-improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or quantitative major.
- MBA, MA or CFA (or in progress).
- Experience trading multi-asset instruments, specifically, convertible bonds and derivatives.
- T. Rowe Price institutional knowledge.
Strongly Preferred Attributes:
- Collaborative – Comfortable sharing of ideas and looking to provide solutions to issues facing the team.
- Intellectual Curiosity – Skilled at sourcing information and sharing insights that assist with investment idea generation.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to express views/concepts and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proactive and accountable – Readily willing to take the initiative to meet portfolio manager and client objectives. Proactively look to increase knowledge and skills.
- Client focused – Negotiation efforts geared to achieve best client outcome.
- Drive and organization – Detail oriented and ability to work calmly, flexibly, and efficiently in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Integrity – Acts with integrity and accountability.