Investment Officer & Portfolio Manager
Position: Investment Officer & Portfolio Manager
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Stevens Point/Plover or Wausau
As a Portfolio Manager for WoodTrust Asset Management, you will be responsible for the discretionary investment management of client portfolios to help them achieve their long-term goals and objectives. You will engage in frequent client meetings and discussions covering investment strategy, account performance, financial management services and market developments. In addition, you will serve as a member of the Investment Committee and contribute to the investment research and due diligence process, portfolio construction and asset allocation strategy.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan and execute day-to-day portfolio management for assigned accounts within the guidelines of the Investment Committee’s policies and strategies.
• Maintain sound knowledge of economic and market environment.
• Understand, oversee, evaluate and communicate the investment process and investment decisions made through regular participation and contribution to Investment Committee.
• Contribute to Investment Committee research, analysis, and due diligence related to mutual fund and separate account programs.
• Asset allocation strategy and financial market research.
• Responsibility for adhering to regulations and internal policies, as well as responding to escalating risk issues in a timely manner.
Account Relationship Management
• Maintain, improve and, when possible, expand existing client relationships.
• Oversee, evaluate and monitor the asset allocation process and strategies for assigned relationships.
• Meet with clients to review market and economic conditions and investment performance.
• Provide proactive, effective and timely client communication through written and verbal, including in person account review meetings.
• Coordinate with legal and tax advisors to optimize legal and tax-related client objectives.
• Work with Relationship Managers to ensure clients are receiving all pertinent information and a high level of service.
New Business Development
• Maintain an active, ongoing effort to obtain new business.
• Coordinate and support new business efforts with associate team, both bank and trust.
• Work with existing clients to identify appropriate cross sales opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and five years of experience in investment management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Master Degree and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is preferred.
• Must enjoy people and be willing and eager to interact pleasantly with customers and fellow associates alike.
• Highly capable of both written and verbal communication.
• Possess ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and a variety of legal documents.
• Produce written reports and business correspondence.
• Prepare and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, board committees, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Competent in ability to comprehend and calculate financial data.
• Proficient at problem solving/resolution.
• Able to interpret, and act on a variety of instructions whether they are written or verbal.
• Must understand the team concept and be able to function as a member of a team as this team works towards a common goal.
• Observe the strictest secrecy and confidentiality on the subject of accounts and activities of any kind of dealing with the bank and maintain a high level of enthusiasm and customer awareness while conveying our confidence in the Bank and the services that are offered.
About WoodTrust Asset Management
Founded in 1891, WoodTrust Bank is a family-owned and operated bank with a focus on individuals, families, businesses and non-profit organizations that desire unique financial solutions.
In addition to traditional banking services, the company is also a relationship-based trust company and investment management firm, managing assets for clients through its WoodTrust Asset Management division. Through this, the company offers investment management, advisory, fiduciary, personal trust, private banking, and retirement plan services to a wide variety of personal, corporate and nonprofit clients.
Learn more about Why We’re Different at https://www.woodtrust.com/why-were-different/