Regional Manager, Governance
Regional Manager, Governance
What is the opportunity?
As a key member of the RBC PH&N Investment Counsel team, you'll be charged with facilitating building and managing a high performance investment counselling franchise. This role will provide leadership and guidance for processes related to managing client investment portfolios, including client discovery, Investment Policy Statements (IPS) suitability, asset allocation, portfolio construction, risk alerts and performance. You will support the Managing Director (MD) and will be accountable to ensure a high standard of governance, while supporting Investment Counsellors to deliver an exceptional High Net Worth client experience. There will be a primary focus on leveraging and enhancing firm processes to facilitate quick identification and mitigation of business risks. For more information, please visit http://www.rbcphnic.com.
What will you do?
- Pro-actively participate in regional/national projects that seek to continuously improve portfolio management
- Prepare pre-approval review of all IPSs, within 12 hours of receipt
- Act as a key liaison between Investment Counselors (IC) teams and Portfolio Risk Advisors
- Review the weekly Portfolio risk dashboard, working collaboratively with each IC team to establish and implement resolution plans
- Ensure IC teams are kept current on changing policies and procedures
- Disseminate best practices with regards to portfolio management and trading systems; MACs, Burton, FMC
- Acts as a key resource for ICs and APMs regarding complex files, based on a good understanding of portfolio theory, the tax and regulatory environment and related wealth management considerations
- Maintain mandatory governance reporting: Ensure (minimum) annually documented client reviews,
- Conduct quarterly office audits within Region and prepare subsequent audit report, MD review
- Help lead the region through internal and external audits
- Actively manage a Quarterly Supervision Report
What do you need to succeed?
- CFA Charterholder
- University Degree Preferable in Business and/or Economics
- Minimum 5 years Investment industry experience
- Ability to confidently communicate regarding market and portfolio management issues.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment
- Strong independent leadership and change management skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with CWM operating systems would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team