Associate Consultant – Data and Operations
Mesirow is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment, advisory, and risk management services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate and individual clients achieve their objectives. We are proud of Mesirow’s culture of fostering team member engagement, entrepreneurship, and empowerment. Our positive culture, volunteerism, and opportunity for advancement makes Mesirow one of the few employers to be included in both Chicago Tribune’s Top Places to Work and Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Mesirow Fiduciary Solutions is an outsourced fiduciary pioneer. Our team of experts delivers a full suite of fiduciary services to recordkeepers, retirement plans, financial advisors, and plan participants through easy-to-understand investment programs.
The Associate Consultant will provide data and operational support to Mesirow Fiduciary Solution’s client consulting teams. The data and operational support will be integral to the fiduciary services that our team offers to institutional clients. After the Associate Consultant gains a deep understanding of our fiduciary services and demonstrates a strong ability to work in a dynamic environment, responsibilities may naturally evolve, with more client-facing and fund company-facing opportunities over time.
The Associate Consultant will be part of Mesirow Fiduciary Solution’s Consulting team and will possess the following responsibilities:
- Serve on client teams that support institutional engagements; each client team includes the Associate Consultant, other Consultants/Senior Consultants, and sales personnel
- Assist in the creation and quality assurance of recurring reports for institutional engagements
- Maintain client agreements, including verifying receipt, reviewing signed agreements for completeness and accuracy, and keeping an updated log on such agreements
- Monthly and quarterly client invoicing
- Submit quarterly due diligence questionnaires to asset management companies, track receipts and follow-ups, and log questionnaire responses
- Learn due diligence methodologies employed by team
- Learn and independently use reporting and research tools available to the team
- Participate in testing of new systems or system enhancements
- Process requests from the sales team, including calling on retirement plan sponsors and advisors to ensure necessary action items recommended by Mesirow are completed, verifying retirement plan lineups meet service requirements and other similar requests
- Work on ad-hoc projects to assist other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- One to three years of experience in investment consulting, retirement planning, or a related field (internships may count towards years of experience)
- Detail- and deadline-oriented, along with an ability to work with large sets of data efficiently, independently, and accurately
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Knowledge of investment-oriented databases (e.g., Morningstar Direct) preferred but not required
- Superior skills in organization, time management, prioritization, research, team collaboration, and self-motivation, combined with the ability to process information quickly
- Series 7 and 66 Licenses required within one year of start date
- Must be willing/able to commute to office in River North