High Yield Analyst
- Conducts high yield research and prepares reports analyzing securities, issuers, and industries through the fundamental analysis and modeling of financial statements incorporating issuer’s competitive position, capital structure, asset valuation, relative value, covenants and other relevant factors.
- Proactively utilizes independent judgment to formulate opinions and make investment recommendations at the industry, issuer, and security level taking into account market conditions, investor sentiment and industry trends.
- Takes ownership in the research process and continually strives for improvement and advancement of the process in coordination with the High Yield Portfolio Managers.
- Maintains sell-side research relationships, performs on site due diligence, contacts issuer management teams directly, and attends industry conferences as part of investment decision making process.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for high yield fixed income securities, industries and issuers.
- Organizes and participates in high yield strategy and industry reviews with the Fixed Income Team. Assists in coordinating the implementation of investment decisions.
- Collaborates with the equity and convertible research and portfolio management teams.
- Completes ad-hoc research assignments and other projects for the High Yield Team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field is required. CFA, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a research analyst focusing on high yield/distressed credit securities and issuers. Bank loan or investment grade experience is a positive.
- Deep knowledge of several industries and generalist knowledge of other industries.
- A passion for investment management with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to continuing individual development.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering research investment ideas contributing to risk adjusted investment performance.
- Effectively able to prioritize time and manage multiple tasks in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to both internal and external relationships.