IBD, TERM, Derivative Documentation Group, Associate, Salt Lake City/Dallas
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The team is responsible for providing outstanding service by engaging with clients, understanding their trading activity/strategy. We handle all aspects of the relevant trading documentation negotiation and are therefore an essential component in the creation and maintenance of a trading relationship with a given client.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating the following documents:
- Repurchase documentation such as 1996 MRA related ancillary documents;
- ISDA and Derivative Master Agreements and related ancillary documents; and
- Cleared Derivative Execution Agreements
- Follow-up work, both internally and with counterparts to gather comments, information, review and ultimately complete agreements and prepare them for execution
- Organization of execution of completed agreements and dispatch for counterparts' signature
- Follow-up work to ensure return of signed documents and completion and closing of files
- Responding to queries on the master documentation from various departments including the front office
- Ongoing opportunity to challenge existing controls/processes and leverage your experience to identify risks and improve the effectiveness of the team; and
- Develop and nurture relationships across the firm to build consensus and execute on initiatives
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and analytical approach to providing client solutions
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with experience in a Legal/Trading Documentation role at a law firm or leading financial institution.
- Knowledge of various legal entities including funds and corporates.
- Negotiation of unsecured ISDAs, Credit Support Annexes, secured ISDAs (secured through a credit facility), MRA, and CDEA.
- Knowledge of regulatory developments related to derivatives
- Proven excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail, especially under pressure.
- Proven ability to negotiate and review detailed legal documents with an eye for detail and accuracy, particularly around documentation terms.
- Ability to ensure consistency across documentation and know when to escalate issues.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability for their work, can help collaborate and provide directive when issues arise in the team and is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in development of documentation skills and using such skills for the completion of negotiation process.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and develop full job ownership.
- Strong commercial acumen with a keen interest in derivative, repo, global markets lending markets and products
- Ability to interact with and influence business stakeholders and clients in order to negotiate, build consensus, control risks and improve operational efficiency
- Proficient in IT and able to adapt to various databases/systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity