Research Analyst - Private Investments
Reporting directly to the Director of Private Investments, this investment professional will assist in identifying opportunities and conducting due diligence across all major asset classes including private equity, private credit, and real assets, and help manage the deal process from end to end. This individual will be a visible member of the team who will play a meaningful role in the research process, helping manage deals and providing support to the private portfolio.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working as part of the investment team to assist in private research and the evaluation of private investment opportunities
- Helping identify and source investment opportunities in private funds and co-investments
- Helping maintain current partner relationships
- Assisting in all steps of the investment process including due diligence, preparation, and presentation of investment committee materials
- Working with legal, accounting, and fund administration to execute transactions and manage the portfolio
- Promoting a culture of collaboration and willingness to work cross-functionally to add value across the investment platform
- Other duties as assigned
The right candidate will be someone who:
- Can learn new things quickly
- Can take initiative and act proactively (i.e., anticipates problems, raises suggestions)
- Can take direction from multiple sources and prioritize a variety of tasks daily
- Can work both independently and in a team structure with a diverse group of people
- Can juggle and prioritize a variety of tasks daily
- Is highly organized with a very strong attention to detail
- Is comfortable working with senior stakeholders and sophisticated clients
- Is a highly analytical and fact-based thinker
- Has strong math and Excel modeling skills
- Has high professional standards, judgment, and discretion
- Has strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Has excellent interpersonal & relationship skills including a positive attitude
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree and/or CFA designation (or progress toward) are a plus.
At least 2 years of experience in a similar role is preferred.
Ballentine Partners offers a wide array of benefits completely paid for by the firm including dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance as well as cost sharing on medical insurance. We offer extensive time off benefits including vacation time, unlimited personal sick time, paid family sick leave, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, community time off and so much more. We have a corporate matching program as well as support certifications and continuing education for our team members. On top of all this, Ballentine is a family friendly and flexible work environment. Our culture is collaborative and built on supporting each other to grow not only the business but each other as well.
For more information on our culture please view our Impact Report.
Ballentine Partners compensation is made up of a base salary and performance bonus. The base salary range for this position is $80,000 to $100,000 and is commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses are based upon company and personal performance and are paid out annually.
To apply please visit our career site here
We will sponsor applicants for work visas.
Ballentine Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is based upon qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applications from those who share our commitment to promoting a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community.