Senior Associate, Infrastructure
Senior Associate, Infrastructure
At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We take pride in our work and are trusted advisors to our clients. We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who can embody our culture and values as a creative, collaborative and hard-working organization.
About Nicola Infrastructure and Renewable Resources
The Nicola Infrastructure and Renewable Resources Limited Partnership Fund (the “Fund”) combines a fund-of-funds approach and co-investment opportunities in real assets, specifically in infrastructure, farmland, and timberland to target an attractive return profile.
Our mandate targets opportunities to partner with GP’s focusing on Core infrastructure assets in OECD countries to create a geographically and industry diversified portfolio with global leaders.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a commitment to excellence and extensive financial analysis and due diligence experience in infrastructure to join our growing Private Assets team.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, you will play a key role in investing and managing the Nicola Infrastructure Real Return fund to generate strong returns for Nicola Wealth Clients.
You will primarily source, screen, and recommend new opportunities as well as managing existing investments.
The successful candidate may also get the opportunity to work on new investments made by our Private Equity, Infrastructure and Mortgage Funds.
As a Senior Associate, Infrastructure, your key accountabilities will include:
- Source, screen, evaluate, and recommend new Infrastructure opportunities – primarily funds as well as co-investment opportunities
- Performing in-depth research and due diligence on opportunities.
- Analyze investment, including industry, SWOT and financial modeling analysis.
- Prepare Investment Memos and present investment recommendations to Investment Committee.
- Assist in portfolio management functions including investment monitoring and returns attribution analysis, preparing reporting and marketing material, fund-level cashflow projections, and risk exposure analysis. This would include collaborating with internal groups including Advisors, Fund Administration, and Marketing.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with existing partners, potential partners, and market participants
- Actively engaging in ongoing learning and development to continuously improve skills and knowledge
- You have an innate ability to identify and communicate an investment thesis and risks.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You have a professional demeanor with the ability to build trust with our people and partners.
- You have the ability to quickly identify attractive investment opportunities.
- You are collaborative and team focused, with the ability to function in a team.
- You are flexible and open to learning new investment strategies and approaches.
- You are resourceful.
- You are calm and collaborative under pressure.
Your experience and qualifications will include:
- Required a minimum 4 years experience in Infrastructure fund of funds and co-investments and a total of 5–8 years experience overall.
- Proven fundamental investment analysis including industry, SWOT and financial modeling analysis skills.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in business, accounting or finance.
- Financial Industry designation considered an asset (CFA, CA, CPA, MBA or CBV).
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer.
Supporting our people during COVID-19
- We offer virtual leadership programs and coaching sessions for our people leader.
- We offer a “Nicola Health” resources site to support mental, physical and emotional health.
- We provide computer equipment to help you with your home setup.
- We offer virtual onboarding through Dayforce, where you will have access to
o An Executive welcome message from the Senior Leadership Team
o Videos on culture
o Photos and bios of your team
o Introduction to your peer mentor/buddy with photos
o Workforce handbook and new hire forms reviewed and sign
from the comfort of your home
o Regular calls with a member of the people and culture team
to support you
Include a Cover Letter and Resume in your application. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer