Sobre a vaga
We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive and flexible Custody Analyst to join our Northern Hemisphere IT and Operations team in Lisbon.
We offer a dynamic, challenging, international working environment, and provide development and growth opportunities to support you in your career with us.
THIS ROLE IS A 6-MONTH FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
If you are authorised to work in Europe, we look forward to hearing from you.
What does the Operations area do?
The Operations area provide service excellence in operations focusing on client needs. We do this by ensuring best practices of execution on services related to Cash/Securities Management and Settlements, Payments, reconciliation, swifts, and control of credit operational business, as well as Account Maintenance documentation (static data). Looking for efficiency gains, automation opportunities, always with the mind-set to follow policies, procedures and regulations; acting as Risk Managers on the day to day. We monitor the bank´s transactions, in a responsible manner, being compliant, searching better executions utilizing available tools and applying Quality concepts. The area interacts transparently with the banking supervisory authorities, audit bodies and with the other functional areas of the Bank always delivering on the Service Level Agreement in place to the customers’ satisfaction.
What would be your main responsibilities?
The Custody Officer secures the correct daily correct processing of derivatives and will be part of a transformation phase in which we will change the Bank’s core banking system.
What are the key day-to-day activities?
We would expect that with great prioritisation skills you switch from task to task and understand what requires immediate attention at any given moment.
You will be expected to:
- Process Exchange Traded Options, futures and OTC transactions;
- Perform daily Collateral and Margin management;
- Clear differences in Derivatives positions highlighted by the Reconciliation team;
- Perform fee and commission calculations in relation to Futures and Options;
- Conduct the security set up of Options and Futures and support the whole team in using the systems T24, Bloomberg and Six Telekurs;
- Control Documentation in accordance with Swiss market guidelines;
- Conduct daily Securities pricing, including regular control in cooperation with the Risk department;
- Control opening securities;
- Analyse and solve Reconciliation differences in cash;
- Manage record-keeping for Back Office in terms of documentation;
- Provide support to other areas of the operations team when required;
- Partake in various projects of the Bank in relation to the new core banking system, automatisations and processes.
What skills / experience do we need from you?
We are looking for the following education, knowledge and experience:
- Undertaken Banking Internships previously, or have a university degree in Business Administration;
- 1-2 years of proven work experience in this area;
- Fluent in English and Portuguese with strong oral and written communication skills;
- Specialised in Derivatives, OTC transactions and regulations;
- Experience in payment and treasury transactions processing;
- Knowledge of treasury and payment-related SWIFT messages;
- Good knowledge of banking products and their settlement process;
- Good foundation knowledge of the Reconciliation and analysis of different Bank transactions in relation to futures and options;
- Understand transactions in Swift for confirmation, especially cash payments and confirmation of Non-deliverable transactions;
- Good knowledge of using Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Word and Access;
- Familiar with pricing and master data setup processes.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have/are:
- Proactive, self-driven and can help to enhance the system and workflow;
- The desire and curiosity to understand and enhance processes;
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills;
- A positive attitude and team spirit; and
- Able to work independently.
- Only applications through LinkedIn will be considered, please do not send to us by email.
Please note: Due to the high volumes of applications that we receive, we will only contact those candidates that we would like to invite to interview for this position. We cannot provide feedback to applicants who are unnsuccessful in gaining an interview.
We are responsible for ensuring that we use your personal data in compliance with data protection laws In Europe. As such, before you send your CV, please click on the link below which will take to our website and click on the relevant privacy notice which explains what personal data we will collect and how we will use it. Please take the time to read and understand all of the information it contains.