Quantitative Analyst, AVP
- Job DescriptionAssistant Vice President, Quantitative Analyst
The Centralized Modeling & Analytics (CMA) team within State Street's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) organization is looking for an experienced quantitative analyst to join our team in Boston, MA.
The CMA organization provides analytics based services and solutions to business units across State Street. Our mission is to create value through data driven solutions enabling State Street and our business partners to make timely and informed decisions.
POSITION PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will be part of the CMA team responsible for both financial and non-financial risk projection.
We provide support in the development, deployment, and documentation of tools and methods for assessing various aspects of credit, market, operational, liquidity and compliance risk to State Street.
This role will:
- Build and enhance a variety of models or advanced analytical tools (e.g., liquidity, deposit, credit risk, interest rate risk) around different BAU purposes and regulations such as Basel III, CCAR and ICAAP
- Creatively build analytical tool /models to assist non-financial risk analytics (e.g., operational risk, marketing analytics, AML and compliance analytics, etc.) using conventional and non-conventional techniques (e.g., AI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing)
- Create actionable, automated reporting tools/packages to assist visualization of results, model implementation and quantitative analytics
- Perform sensitivity analyses to respond to ad hoc inquiries
- Perform any other tasks as assigned to support the CMA
- Masters' or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Risk Management or related field
- 3-5 years of working experience in quantitative modeling as a key contributor
- Ability to understand, visualize and communicate quantitative results to expert and non-expert audiences
- 3+ years of experience with any of programming language using one or two of following: Python, R, Tableau, Excel and SQL with structured and non-structured data mart
- Demonstratable experience with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning techniques
- Working understanding of various regulations such as Basel III (Credit/Market/Operational Risk), CCAR, Stress Testing and ICAAP
- Working knowledge of fixed income market or wholesale credit market, from both quantitative credit or market risk experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects as well as the ability to be a team player in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate ideas, analysis and complex concepts effectively to broad audiences
- Competence and confidence to gain credibility and collaborate for success across the organization
- Professional designations (CFA, FRM) preferred but not required
- Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description