Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Omega Azul is a sustainable aquaculture operation based in La Paz, Baja California Sur with the mission to grow high-quality fish to sustainably feed a growing global population. Sustainability is an integral part of the Company`s mission.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to play an active role in operations, strategic planning and executing the organization’s financial strategy, and perform effective risk management. This position requires a proactive, team-oriented leader who can thrive in a small but growing organization. The position will include broad responsibilities across operational, financial, and accounting areas, directing functions such as: accounting, annual audits, tax compliance, monthly reporting, forecasting, budgeting, long range planning, and other value-added financial analysis. This is a hands-on leadership role that requires someone who is able to support both complex accounting and finance responsibilities as well as not being afraid to dive into the details in daily operations. The CFO also leads, trains, and coaches their small team to achieve targets and respect deadlines. The CFO will be responsible for managing every single aspect of the company, holding responsibilities normally assigned to a Chief Operating Officer, so operations experience is important.
We also believe this to be an exciting opportunity to become part of the executive team of a high-potential, scalable business. Even though it is currently a small company, we believe it has the potential to grow quite a bit. The CFO will play a key role in helping the Company transition to a bigger organization. We need a creative problem solver, someone who likes problems and sees them as an opportunity to innovate and create. Ideally the person is community sensed and has outstanding communication skills. We seek someone is values transparency, honesty, audacity, loyalty, positivism, ownership accountability and flexibility.
- Enhance financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, cash management across different countries, preparing growth plans, and directing staff. Fiduciary responsibility for the financial health of the organization.
- Develop operational and financial strategies by creating budgets and forecasts, reporting on key performance indicators, determining productivity strategies, analyzing variances, and developing improvements.
- Look for methods to improve quality, efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, increase profits, and improve control measures.
- Act as a strategic partner on the leadership team and work closely with the CEO to ensure goals are met through sound implementation of financial and accounting systems, infrastructure, and processes.
- Ensure effective corporate governance and financial controls are in place.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and regulations for financial and tax reporting.
- Identify staffing and training needs, evaluate employee performance, and coach accounting and finance staff.
- Support in securing new funding.
- Establishes and develops strong partnerships with senior management, external partners, stakeholders, investors, the board of directors and the different departments to collect information and give guidance.
- Manage vendor relationships.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certification a plus.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting and financial management practices.
- Demonstrated senior leadership ability.
- Proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid financial reporting technical skills; knowledge of accounting and regulatory environment.
- Skill in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, cash management and enhancing profitability.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data in order to identify and present meaningful observations and recommendations.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and thrive under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience in small organizations a plus. Much of the work will be hands-on with little support staff.
- Languages: Fluent in English and Spanish
More searches like this
- Multimanager Strategies Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors