Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $550 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2020. For over 120 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships. The Public Securities Group leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 30 years and has over $15 billion of assets under management. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Houston, London, San Diego, Seoul and Toronto. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors.
The Position: Associate, Global Real Estate Securities
- Daily responsibilities will vary but may include: industry and macro economic analysis, assisting senior analysts and portfolio managers in assessing investment opportunities with an array of valuation methodologies, as well as meeting with senior management to better understand a company’s strategy and execution.
- Associates will be mentored by a senior analyst and be privy to portfolio manager decisions
- Creating and maintaining corporate cash flow models and tools to appropriately rank investment opportunities
- Providing support to analysts for presentation of investment ideas to rest of the team.
- Compiling portfolio models and relevant material for portfolio management meetings
- Monitoring industry-related transactions or trends for implications to companies in our portfolio
- Assisting other divisions within the Public Securities Group (Marketing, Client Service, Operations) for data analytics of portfolios/accounts
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related field.
- 1 year of experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent thinker willing to challenge convention. Willing to present ideas with precision, passion and conviction.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and results orientation.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Foundation in MS Access and Python language encouraged.
- Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
- Approximately 10-20% travel required.