City Treasurer - Manager of Treasury
City Treasurer – Manager of Treasury
The City of Medicine Hat has an exciting opportunity for an innovative leader who will be responsible for providing strategic oversight and direction to the City’s treasury function, which includes corporate liquidity, portfolio investments, insurance program and risk management. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role will support the City’s strategic investment and value maximization goals by overseeing, optimizing and evaluating the funding of City’s future capital investments, financial reserves, dividends, financial planning as well as analyzing the City’s enterprise risk.
As our ideal candidate, you are a proven leader who possesses a flexible, adaptable approach to your work, and fosters a high performing work culture for your team. You have strong business acumen with advanced analytical and problem solving skills that allows you to identify problems and/or risks and propose solutions and decisions based on your advanced knowledge and sound judgment. You bring proven interpersonal and communication skills, possess a high standard for ethics and integrity and have demonstrated the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and diverse organization. If you are dedicated to making a difference in the community we serve and take pride in the organization and its people, then this opportunity may be for you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, finance, economics or related field from a recognized post secondary institution.
- Seven (7) years related senior experience in fundamental financial planning, leadership and guidance in a large complex organization, including four (4) years supervisory experience, preferable in a municipal government setting.
- Must possess a professional financial designation (CFA, CPA) or comparable.
- A management approved combination of training, experience and education may be considered.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Marketing and Public Relations Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Government CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors