Research Associate Analyst, ESG & Sustainability
Employment Opportunity - Research Associate Analyst
ESG and Sustainability
National Bank Financial is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Bank of Canada and a leading Canadian investment dealer that provides research, sales, trading, investment banking and risk management services to institutional, retail and corporate clients.
The firm is seeking an Associate Analyst who will work directly with the ESG & Sustainability Research Analyst in the Calgary, Alberta office. The position requires an ambitious and self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in an unstructured and demanding environment. The position also requires a versatile individual who can pair financial analysis with ESG analysis across multiple sectors.
- Analysis of financial statements, credit metrics and equity valuations
- Analysis of ESG/Sustainability reports, TCFD reports and CDP disclosures
- Analysis of international ESG and climate-related government policies and regulations
- Development and maintenance of financial ESG models for specific companies
- Development and maintenance of industry databases
- Evaluation of additional information from the financial press, corporate, industry and alternative sources
- Assist in writing and editing research notes, reports and Analyst presentations
- Communication with the sales desk, institutional/retail clients, and companies under coverage
- An individual with a background in capital markets is preferred, ideally with previous analytical experience (Research Associate or Investment Banking Analyst)
- Solid understanding of evolving ESG issues, with strong emphasis placed on GHG emissions, carbon taxes and carbon offsets
- Ability to work independently and within a team under strict deadlines, with an acute attention to detail and output orientation
- Ability to understand multiple industries and think outside of the box
- Willingness to work long hours in an unpredictable setting
- Strong computer skills, including Bloomberg, Reuters, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and/or MBA is desirable
- Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting (FSA) beneficial but not required
- Qualified candidates please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Susan LeRouzic at email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in this position, however, only applicants selected to participate in the interview process will be notified. Thank you.