Investment Research Intern
• Conduct in-depth comprehensive fundamental and financial analysis of global public-listed equities and the industries they operate in, and continuously monitor the trends & developments of companies under coverage.
• Derive the intrinsic values of investments via a variety of valuation methods and comprehensive financial modelling.
• Interpret data and analysis on economic and macro-political events in relation to their effects on investment markets.
• Prepare and present investment research reports, pitch decks and investment ideas to the portfolio managers, and be prepared to give quick and accurate views on the companies under coverage.
You are required to:
• Be in your final/penultimate year of your degree in Business/Economics/Finance /Accounting
• Have a passion for the investment markets with past experience in investing (professionally or personally)
• Have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Be highly driven, self-motivated, well-organized and have the ability to work independently and in a team
• Have the ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
• Have an excellent command of the English language (written and verbal)
It would be desirable if you:
• Have experience investing/researching companies in the United States and/or China
• Have knowledge in a variety of valuation techniques (Discounted Cash Flow, Comparable Company Analysis, Dividend Discount Model, SOTP Valuation)
• Have experience writing investment reports/recommendations/opinions on investments (Please submit a soft-copy of your work with your application if you do)
• Have familiarity with reading and analyzing company financial statements, and deriving a comprehensive range of financial ratios from company financials
• Have knowledge on global macro-economic trends, and monetary, fiscal, trade and tax policies
• Have an understanding of different leading, lagging and coincident economic indicators and metrics
• Have international work/study experience
Please email your application for this position to: email@example.com with the following attachments:
• Resume (1 page only)
• Cover Letter explaining your fit for the role (1 page only)
Upon submission, short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first round of interviews.