Director, Treasury - 6 Month Contract
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 16 credit unions that together have more than $28 billion in system assets and serve more than 616,000 members at 194 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper and achieve financial success.
This 6 month full time contract position will be responsible for the management of the treasury and banking activities of Alberta Central. Responsible for the care and custody of the organization’s cash and other financial assets and for banking operations and relationships, this position determines the amount and sources of funds required to meet outstanding and planned commitments. The successful candidate will bring senior level financial and treasury experience and is a seasoned leader who can provide guidance and mentorship for the Treasury team during a time of change for the department.
- Lead all aspects of people management and development including but not limited to; recruitment, delegation and monitoring of work, performance management, coaching, mentoring and creation of training and development plans. Where appropriate, communicate and escalate employee relations issues.
- Develop department objectives ensuring alignment with the corporate strategic initiatives.
- Develop and manage budgets within area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate role model behavior by encouraging the desired corporate culture and creating a high performance and engaged employee group.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Alberta Central’s institutional bankers, including investment banking, current account, corporate borrowing, and investment management relationships.
- Research, analyze and recommend sources of financing for Alberta Central, including borrowing facilities, commercial paper/debt facilities, and securitizations.
- Structure and oversee administration of financing sources.
- Ensure debt covenant and pledging compliance as they relate to financing sources and the joint venture clearing facility.
- Direct investments of corporate cash and monitor operating cash requirements.
- Communicate the company’s operating and financial performance goals and strategies to external investors and creditors.
- Oversee risk management and related reporting as it pertains to the investment portfolio’s credit risk, and the organization’s overall interest rate and foreign exchange risks.
- Oversee risk management and related reporting as it pertains to liquidity management in collaboration with the Chief Investment Officer.
- Ensure mitigation of risk for the department and escalate emerging risks as identified. Ensure direct reports have a clear understanding of risk management which is filtered down to all employees within their span of control.
- Oversee the provision of asset liability management consulting services to Alberta’s credit unions.
- Related University degree and typically 10 or more years of related experience; or combination of formal education and experience.
- Professional designation required.
- 8 years of experience in a people leadership role.
- Previous financial services industry experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Team-oriented, having experience collaborating with multiple levels and sectors of the organization.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2021 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer.
- Competitive compensation and benefit offerings.
- Open concept environment.
- Friendly team atmosphere.
- Parking subsidy, free banking services, free access to an in-house fitness facility.
- Excellent access to transit services (bus and Heritage C-Train station).
- Casual dress environment.
To express your interest in this position, submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #21-006 by May 3, 2021.
More searches like this
- Banking Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors