About Argent Capital:
A boutique investment firm with $3 billion in assets under management, Argent’s mission is to provide superior investment management services by outperforming our benchmarks while providing a level of personal service and communication that is unique in the investment management industry. We foster an open, challenging environment where an individual’s contributions to the team are encouraged and valued.
Overview of Position:
The Operations Specialist position requires attention to detail and the ability to work and communicate with others in a team environment. An integral part of Argent’s Operations Team, the Operations Specialist supports all Teams across the firm. This position is responsible for the daily administration and data integrity of Argent’s portfolio accounting, client billing and trade order management systems. Tasks range in complexity and involve the ability to efficiently follow processes and require strong analytical and decision making skills.
Personal Traits Needed for Success:
- Understands, accepts and appreciates the responsibility of managing others’ money which has been entrusted to our care for the financial well-being of those individuals or institutions
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the team to prioritize, plan, coordinate and follow-through on tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail with desire to apply them to day-to-day problem-solving opportunities
- Organizational skills to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Motivation to leverage technology and increase efficiency of workflows
- Clear, concise and accurate communication skills, both written and verbal
- Process daily transaction activity, including but not limited to trades, stock gifting, cash movements and updating cost basis.
- Reconcile daily transaction activity and holdings data against all custodian ledgers, including but not limited to analyzing/researching items to ensure all accounts are balanced prior to the start of the trading day.
- Daily administration of the portfolio accounting, client billing, and trade order management systems by keeping client, system, security, and market data up to date, including but not limited to new/closed account maintenance and client registration changes.
- Communicate with brokers and custodians to reconcile any breaks in trade settlement.
- Prepare, process, and reconcile client accounts receivable in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide back up to team members, including but not limited to trade modeling and execution, corporate actions processing and corporate accounts payable.
- Maintain records to support GIPS composite reports and annual audit.
- Update Marketing Databases with the prior month’s performance and AUM composite data for each Argent investment strategy.
- Actively seek areas in which process improvements can be made across the Operations Team.
- Experience, Education and Professional Designations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial services or a related industry
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Business or a related field
- Technical Skills
- Exposure to investment-related software a plus i.e., Advent Axys/Moxy, Bloomberg
- Experience with QuickBooks, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office Suite, (Macros, VBA desired)