Private Equity Researcher
Mercer Alternatives is seeking strong, self-motivated candidates to join its US Private Equity research and advisory team!
What can you expect?
- As part of the US Private Equity team, individuals will work closely with senior research staff, client consultants, and clients to support portfolio construction and management on behalf of advisory and delegated client accounts.
- This role reports into the head of US Private Equity Research. The successful candidate will develop the capacity to lead a comprehensive due diligence process for evaluating and underwriting prospective private equity strategies. Additionally, they will develop an understanding of private equity portfolio construction and manager selection methodologies and provide support to Principals/Partners in the management of such portfolios.
- You will work with Private Markets Principals/Partners to complete in-depth written due diligence on current investment opportunities.
What’s in it for you?
- We are the global leader in the health and benefits. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
- We offer a generous benefits program
What you need to have:
- 3-5 years of relevant investment experience at a pension fund, endowment, foundation, consulting firm, or fund of funds is greatly preferred.
- An undergraduate degree from a leading institution. A CFA, or progress toward such designation is a plus.
- Exceptional quantitative skills to evaluate fund and portfolio performance.
- Well versed in financial applications (e.g., Excel, Bloomberg) and MS Office applications
- Strong, proven written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal and organization skills.
- A collegial, team-oriented, constructive, “can do” attitude.
- Unquestioned honesty, integrity, and transparency.
- Domestic and possibly international travel will be required.
- Fluency in the written and spoken English language is required.
- Competence is valued in other global languages, such as Spanish or Mandarin Chinese.
We will count on you to:
- Attend manager meetings, plan due diligence, travel to on-site meetings, perform reference calls, evaluate the fund team, strategy, and performance, analyze historical returns, summarize relevant pros and cons, and determine an appropriate rating for a given fund
- Develop an understanding of the acceptable, market-based economic terms for strategies under evaluation.
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports and presentations to facilitate communication and transparency to the Investment Committee, Staff, clients and other external entities as required.
- Provide general support to the research and due diligence efforts of the Private Equity team globally.
- Serve as a resource to client-facing professionals seeking current information on non-marketable investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparison to other fund managers, and the opinion of the research team
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.