Product Specialist / Strategist, State Street Global Advisors, Assistant Vice President
- Who we are looking for
This AVP role as Portfolio Specialist belongs to Portfolio Strategist team in the investment division of State Street Global Advisors (Japan). Portfolio Strategist is a subject matter expert on SSGA's investment strategies. Each team member works closely with portfolio managers and researchers locally and globally, and collaborates with sales and client service team for business development and client reporting. This AVP role reports directly to head of Portfolio Strategist, and is expected to support senior strategists and the whole Japan investment team including Chief Investment Officer - Japan.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Product Specialist - AVP you will
- Support senior strategists and portfolio managers for reporting, marketing contents, commentary and any other client reporting and business development related activities
- Closely work with equity portfolio managers on proxy voting
- Support the whole Japan investment team including Chief Investment Officer for team managemen
- Investment strategies to cover include equity indexing, equity smart beta, ESG, active quantitative equity, active fundamental equity, fixed income indexing and asset allocation
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Good understanding of global economy, financial market, investment strategies and portfolio management
- Excellent communications skills to concisely deliver sophisticated topics
- Positive attitude with a strong team orientation
- Strong business development mindset
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the industry
- CMA/CFA preferred
- System: Factset, Bloomberg, Axioma
- Language: Japanese - Native, English - Fluent for internal communication and translation
Flexible work time arrangement including high-frequent work from home (WFH) is allowed dependent on necessity and preference.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers