Independent Consultant – Experienced & has Network with Execs Involved in External Manager Selection
5 days left
Role: Independent Consultant – Experienced Individual that has a Network of Asset Consultants, Corporate/State Pension Funds, Insurers, Fund Selectors within the Retail Segment (wirehouses, broker dealers, banks, family offices, RIAs, fund platform, online broker and research firms)
Business Line: Global Insights Practice
Base Office: Remote
Classification: Contract Basis (April – July 2021, potentially on an annual basis thereafter)
Direct Manager: Partner / Consultant
NMG Consulting is a leading multinational insurance and investments consultancy, integrating consulting, insights and analytics. Our consultants provide strategy consulting, insights, analytics and actuarial services to financial institutions including banks, insurers, reinsurers and fund managers.
NMG’s Global Insights team specialise in delivering proprietary studies that provide intellectual property to help clients better understand the external market, drivers of success and their competitive positioning. Many of these studies are based on structured executive style interviews with key decision makers within institutional and retail segments.
Our clients are primarily large and/or global asset managers, insurers, and reinsurers. Our combined capabilities deliver an unparalleled depth of insight to support strategic decision-making capabilities at all levels.
We now have an opportunity for an Independent Consultant to work with NMG on delivering asset management programs in the US. Each program requires executive-style interviews to be undertaken with key decision makers during April to mid-July and potentially on an annual basis thereafter. This position will suit a highly experienced, creative, and self-motivated individual who possesses a strong understanding of asset management in the region. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in a progressive consulting engagement in asset management on a flexible working basis.
- Conduct 10 to 30 phone or video (e.g. Zoom, Teams) interviews with executives involved in external manager selection across any of the following segments:
- Institutional segment – this includes asset consultants, DB/DC pension funds (corporate and state), OCIOs, endowment and charities in the US
- Insurance executives who are the Key Decision Makers for management of the company assets (both general account and unit-linked assets) in the US
- Retail segment – those within wirehouses, broker dealers, banks, family offices, RIAs, fund platform, online broker and research firms in the US
- Support NMG’s strategy and insights consulting practice in understanding the key themes and insights from the research study
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and ABILITIES:
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- 10+ years of experience in the asset management industry with an existing network with the US pension funds, endowments, and asset consultants
- Ability to form relationships and gauge the thinking of key decision makers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively with a global team of consultants
- Excellent attention to detail and high quality standards
It is envisioned that this role will be performed on a contract basis, over several days per week for a period of 2-3 months, with the potential to contribute on an annual basis.
More searches like this
- Banking Private Wealth Management Firm Consulting jobs in Bachelors
- C-Suite Level Management Private Wealth Management Firm Consulting jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Private Wealth Management Firm Consulting jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Consulting jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm Consulting jobs in Bachelors