Consultant Associate, Retained Executive Search
6 days left
Chenery Group (Chenery) is a leading and highly specialized retained executive search consultancy serving select clients in the asset and wealth management industry.
An addition to the overall Chenery team, and integral to its success, the Associate assists the Founder/Managing Partner with the following:
- Contributes to the start-up phase of each search by participating in engagement launch meetings and assists in the development of the position specification, search strategy and target list of companies.
- Gathers relevant information regarding the appropriate industry sectors and target companies. Identifies potential candidate prospects and sources.
- Represents the client effectively in the marketplace, discussing the opportunity with relevant target candidates.
- Validates potential candidates through reference and source calls.
- Collaborates with the Managing Partner to develop and present qualified candidates to each client. Ability to provide insight on needs to drive search to closure and able to supply additional information, such as related industry trends, market findings, reaction to the opportunity, compensation data, etc., gained during a search.
- Contributes to the preparation of position specifications, candidate presentations and reference reports, in accordance with the firm’s assessment methodology.
- Communicates effectively with the Managing Partner with up to date search developments within an assignment in an accurate and credible manner.
- Prepares organized information for the client progress reports/meetings by teaming with the Managing Partner. Able to provide an informed view on prospects/candidates and how they match against the key selection criteria.
- Is aware of activities and management changes in the general business environment and in corporate communications specifically; keep team members apprised of relevant developments in the marketplace.
- Adds to the firm’s candidate pool by continually identifying and introducing new talent to the firm. Provides updated information on assignments, companies and candidates to team members.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- +4 years experience in executive search, an asset or wealth management firm, or a professional services environment. Prior experience in executive search or recruiting is preferred.
- Advancement of skills and knowledge exhibited through promotion or tenure .
- Strong interest in the asset management industry is ideal.
- Experience working in a high-performance environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Strong academic credentials: A graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus, but not required.