7 days left
Becker Capital Management, Inc. is seeking an Equity Trader to join our growing investment team.
The Equity Trader will be responsible for trading securities in separately managed accounts, our mutual fund and model portfolios utilizing the Eze order management platform and Bloomberg EMSX. Additionally, they will be responsible for performance and risk measurement for these portfolios.
The Equity Trader will also be responsible for ensuring current technology and processes are maintained as well as continually advancing the efficiency of these processes over time. They will be located in the company’s Portland office and report to the firm's Chief Investment Officer.
Becker Capital Management’s Equity Trader will be required to have in depth and practical knowledge of market dynamics and trading mechanics. We are seeking an individual that has familiarity with these trading functions and the technological expertise to execute the trading function quickly and efficiently. The successful candidate should be well-aware of the key responsibilities that need to be handled by an Equity Trader which include but are not limited to the following:
- To study and analyze the condition of the market and macro conditions that effect share prices.
- To buy and sell the securities as directed by portfolio managers.
- To develop and maintain processes that improve collaboration, execution, efficiency and minimize risk.
- To support risk analysis by our investment team, make appropriate decisions and prepare the relevant reports as needed across the organization, including best execution reports.
- To constantly monitor and review the transactions to verify the accuracy and ensure that they conform with the rules and regulations.
The Equity Trader should have strong analytical ability, high attention to detail, and an understanding of the market trends along with the implementation of technology to support the role.
The successful candidate should be a creative thinker and should be able to make good decisions under pressure while also considering risk factors. Our new team member should be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit. The most important skills for this position are a strong interest in financial markets, a passion to trade and strong technological skills.
- Bachelor’s degree. Quantitative, Finance or Economics background preferred
- Familiarity with and exposure to securities trading and settlement processes
- Knowledge of trading related platforms
- Technological expertise, including high proficiency in Excel
- Proven ability to work autonomously and demonstrated self-starter
- Eze OMS experience
- Bloomberg EMSX experience
- Experience with Tamarac portfolio accounting system
- Working experience with Axioma, or similar quantitative risk analysis software as well as Python, SQL, VBA and/or R
Becker Capital Management, Inc. is an employee-owned, boutique investment adviser. The firm has employed a consistent investment philosophy to provide comprehensive services to high-net-worth individuals, families, endowments, and foundations. Becker Capital provides a competitive salary and benefit package, including health care insurance, parking, and a corporate profit- sharing plan.
Becker Capital is passionate about creating an inclusive environment that values each employee’s unique differences. Applications are strongly encouraged from candidates reflecting diverse educational, cultural, and experiential backgrounds. Becker Capital is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, promote, and pay wages without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by law.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. All inquiries will be strictly confidential.