Ignite your career with New Mexico Gas Company!
By joining the NMGC family, you can count on a safety-focused work environment, competitive pay and benefits and opportunities for training and personalized development to ignite your career. We embrace diversity and the inclusion of all; our differences, unique perspectives and talents are our strengths and integral to the success of our company.
New Mexico Gas Company is a member of the Emera family of energy companies which also includes Tampa Electric and TECO Peoples Gas.
This position will be open to internal and external applicants and will close on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
Under general supervision, participates in the development and support of gas transportation contracting and negotiations. Interprets and ensures compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Verifies bills and ensures shipper and end-user customer needs are fulfilled.
- Administers complex gas transportation contracts with large or diverse shippers, marketers, and end-users; ensures compliance with existing contract and pricing terms and regulatory requirements
- Receives and processes shippers requests for contract changes; compiles historical data and reviews existing gas rates priority codes for proper classification
- Reviews and prepares shipper monthly transportation, stand-by, emergency gas services, and imbalance charges consistent with the Company tariffs, rules, and contracts; monitors shipper financial conditions and payment history
- Drafts standard agreements and prepares both routine and complex amendments and changes to contract exhibits for signature; provides interpretation of existing contract terms and provisions to customers and explains contract obligations and Company tariffs
- Determines and maintains the integrated deal-capture system related to contracts including general contract data, pricing, facility information, receipt and delivery points, gas imbalances, and other related account activities
- Maintains frequent communication and contact with assigned shippers; initiates and responds to inquiries regarding current changes to existing transportation processes; maintains files
- Identifies and develops alternatives to issues relating to transportation policies and procedures within the department and the Company
- Analyzes alternative pipeline economics, capital expenditures, and by-pass potential and incremental loads
- Identifies and develops special studies, reports, and analysis to assist in the review and monitoring of gas transportation activities
- Coordinates new markets for on-system transportation within the existing regulatory and operational parameters on both the supply and end-user side of the business including, but not limited to, the addition of end-user loads and converting sales customers to transportation service
Extensive knowledge of the principles and structures of transportation rates, rules and orders within New Mexico and with competing interstate pipeline companies with special emphasis on transportation contracts, NMPRC rule 660, and Rule 28 -Balancing
Extensive contract knowledge and experience
General knowledge of gas transmission and distribution operations, including systems, field services, pressure, gas quality, metering, and therm conversion factors
General knowledge of nominations, scheduling, purchasing, and gas control
General knowledge of accounting, tax, legal and regulatory principles
Expert marketing abilities and customer service skills
Demonstrated time management and organization skills, including attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure, prioritize assignments, meet deadlines, and work under time constraints
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in engineering or business with four to six years of experience in gas transportation, negotiations, rates, marketing, accounting, gas acquisitions, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Depending upon position and/or geographic location, may be required to possess a valid driver's license and meet the acceptable driving record requirements of the Company.
Expert ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, contracts, and/or governmental regulations
Ability to clearly define and communicate standard rules and regulations
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, contractual amendments, and/or procedure manuals
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various individuals and groups
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
Ability to work with the fundamentals of geometry
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
Expert ability to work with spreadsheets and word processing software
Knowledge of gas transaction management and gas flow measurement systems
Knowledge of applicable billing and document management systems
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Makes decisions regarding the interpretation of transportation rules and regulations. Makes decisions regarding information to include in initial regulatory draft filings.
Regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time and talk and listen for long periods of time. May be required to travel one to three times a year.
New Mexico Gas Company (NMGC) offers a competitive Benefits package!!
Competitive Salary *401k Savings plan w/ company matching * Pension plan * Paid time off* Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage *Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs and more!
NMGC and its companies serve a role in providing critical services to our community during an emergency. Team members are required to participate in the response/recovery activities related to emergencies/disasters to maintain service to our NMGC customers. Team members are required to work in their normal job duties or other assigned activities. Proper compensation will be made in accordance with the company's rules and procedures.
New Mexico Gas Company, Inc. (NMGC) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NMGC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement and the individual is unable to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodations.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals, employment decisions at NMGC will be based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and abilities.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
It is the policy of NMGC to provide reasonable accommodation for all qualified disabled individuals who are employees and applicants for employment, unless it would cause undue hardship. The corporation will adhere to applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidelines, including, but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1970s.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation in the application process five business days prior to the time accommodation is needed.
Employment for this position will be contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment requirements, which include a background screen and drug test. Also, pre-employment physical exams may be required for positions with bona fide job-related physical requirements regardless of disability.