Risk Manager-Private Alternatives
AB’s Investment Risk team is looking for an investment risk manager to focus on the firm’s private alternative strategies. This role will work with the alternative investment teams including US and European commercial real estate debt, middle market lending, private equity and direct debt and equity investments in energy assets.
- Develop and implement risk oversight framework to monitor and assess risk and performance for private alternative strategies
- Create risk dashboards to measure and track relevant risk factors for alternative strategies including Commercial Real Estate Debt, Middle Market Lending and Energy (oil & gas) funds
- Develop credit and market risk metrics for evaluating underlying borrowers
- Develop cash flow models for structured funding vehicles
- Develop framework to identify, assess and monitor drivers of risk and performance attribution for private alternative strategies
- Participate in valuation, investment and other relevant committees for the investment teams
- Present to risk management, business heads and senior management on risk and performance
- Collaborate with investment teams to generate various stress scenarios to estimate potential performance impact from defaults, valuations and ratings changes
- Work with business team in conducting due diligence for new global alternative strategies Serve as the contact point for regulatory risk requirements for private alternative strategies
- Manage buildout of Investment Risk technology infrastructure for risk and performance reporting
- Partner with Compliance, Legal and Fund Accounting to establish a robust control environment
- 10-15 years experience in private alternative investments, ideally in a risk or control capacity
- Experience working with PMs and researchers in a hands-on quantitative risk or research role for private alternative strategies including transitional commercial real estate lending, middle market lending, private equity, and/or additional private alternatives strategies
- Experience in structured finance, ideally as a rating analyst or structurer
- Familiarity with NRSRO, NAIC and other rating methodologies for alternative investments and structured finance
- Experience modifying or building risk and performance attribution models for private alternative strategies, ideally at an insurance company, asset owner or risk analytics provider
- Familiar with private alternatives benchmarks and research including Cambridge Associates and Burgiss
- Working knowledge of Python and SQL a plus
- Hands-on experience with building machine learning models using alternative data sources a plus.
- Masters or PhD degree in a technical or quantitative discipline or financial engineering a plus
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world's top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you're ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.
More searches like this
- Hedge Funds Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters
- Performance Analysis Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters
- Risk Management Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters
- Structured Products Asset Management Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Masters