Senior Financial Analyst (Specialist)
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Senior Financial Analyst (Specialist) at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. This position will be in the Treasurer’s department within the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. Our FP&A team influences and leads change in a dynamic industry. As part of the FP&A team, you will collaborate with the Capital Governance, Strategic Projects, and Financial Forecasting teams to analyze the financial impacts of strategic decisions being considered at SCE’s corporate and operating unit levels. The Senior Analyst will assess financial results or projections and their operational, regulatory and competitive drivers. You will also prepare executive-level presentations focused on investment opportunities, emerging trends, and key risks.
As a Senior Analyst, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Short and long-term financial modeling in Microsoft Excel and Utilities International (UI) Planner.
- Leading and supporting SCE’s capital governance efforts.
- Preparation or revision of presentations in support of management communications.
- Communicating effectively in a matrix organization while ensuring timely delivery of inputs and validation of assumptions.
- Leading the analysis of potential investments, mergers, acquisitions or divestitures at SCE.
- Analyzing net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), discounted cash flow and other valuations.
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Ad hoc projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience in financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience forecasting core financial statements.
- Five or more years of experience using MS office applications for financial analysis, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- Completion of AFP FP&A Certification or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program exam I, II or III.
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or completion of all four CPA exams.
- Experience with regulated utility finance and accounting methodologies, including developing revenue requirement projections.
- Ability to communicate financial information clearly and effectively, including developing and facilitating presentations and recommendations for team and corporate leadership.
- Experience leading full-cycle ad-hoc financial analysis, including identifying client needs, gathering relevant information from appropriate partners, and presenting information to management.
- Experience performing cost/benefit analysis, NPV, IRR, assessing financial forecasts, assessing capital structures and performing cost of capital calculations.
- Experience building valuation, statistical, and financial models as well as ensuring the completeness and integrity of findings and recommendations.
- Experience with VBA, SQL, PowerQuery, PowerPivot or Utilities International Planning and Budgeting software.
- Strong ethics, influence and negotiation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively lead multiple projects and engage in continuous learning.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides, to reference Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles test 8203. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.