Investment Risk Analyst
7 days left
The Risk Management team is responsible for implementing AB’s Enterprise Risk Management framework, encompassing investment, operational and counterparty risk. The Investment Risk Management team is independent of the portfolio managers and is responsible for ensuring that portfolios are appropriately structured, monitored and reviewed. The team covers all of AB’s assets under management across all asset classes, strategies and client categories.
AB is looking to hire an Investment Risk Analyst. The role is expected to support risk managers who cover strategies across multiple asset classes and will report to the Head of Investment Risk.
The analyst will support the risk managers in the investment risk department.
- Monitor, review and analyze market and liquidity risks of a wide range of AB managed funds and separate accounts
- Prepare risk reports for senior risk managers
- Develop and implement risk reports and analysis
- Document workflow, programs and processes
- Implement risk monitoring metrics and trigger/limit levels
- Support central platforms for risk analysis by managing data, reports, and metrics already in place. Help establish/implement new tools and systems for risk analysis
- Perform in depth analysis of portfolios or strategies, with guidance;
- Stay abreast of developments/trends in financial markets and understand impact to AB’s portfolio strategies across disciplines
- Work closely with AB’s Legal and Compliance teams on global regulatory risk issues, coordinate risk activities with local legal/compliance/audit efforts and staff
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years relevant work experience in investment management, preferably on the buy-side
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Proactive self-starter with a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong ability to multi-task and to work under pressure with tight timelines
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge of investment risk and statistics, strong interest to learn
- Proficient understanding of financial markets, asset classes, security attributes, and fund operations
- Relevant work experience in investment management preferably in investment risk
- Proficiency in SQL is strongly preferred, basic knowledge of database structure and querying, demonstrated ability to mine large datasets for analytical insights
- Working knowledge of basic programming or strong interest in learning and achieving proficiency in basic programming (e.g. Python)
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world's top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you're ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.