Associate, Institutional Group
6 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Burgundy Asset Management Ltd. is a leading global investment manager providing discretionary investment management for private clients, foundations, endowments, pensions and family offices. Founded in 1990, Burgundy strives to protect and build our clients’ wealth over the long term. Burgundy is fully independent and employee‐owned.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Institutional Group, you will be responsible for supporting outstanding client service as well as contributing to day-to-day reporting needs, business development projects and global databases used by consultants around the world. You will work closely with the Institutional group to support their initiatives as well as other internal groups when necessary.
This role is a great opportunity to collaborate with the Institutional Relationship Managers to provide outstanding client experience as well as to contribute towards prospect and business development opportunities. This is a dynamic role that will result in extensive knowledge of Burgundy’s investment approach and business operations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the firm, investment philosophy and investment strategies
- Analyze and interpret internal and external data
- Develop strong relationships and provide support to Institutional Client teams to generate high quality client and prospect materials
- Draft, review and submit RFPs (request for proposal), RFIs (request for information) and DDQs (due diligence questionnaire) for Institutional clients and prospects
- Complete monthly and quarterly client/consultant requests, ranging from data submission to portfolio analysis and updating consultant databases
- Collaborate and liaise within the team and more broadly within the firm to complete team responsibilities, such as presentations and systems projects
Skills and Specifications
The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task within tight timelines
- A creative problem-solver, with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues
- Timely and efficient with both individual and collaborative tasks
- Highly motivated towards achieving and exceeding goals
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly with PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in the financial industry an asset
- Obtained or actively pursuing the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title (Associate, Institutional Group) in the email subject line. Please include a short essay (350 words maximum) with an example of when you had competing tight deadlines and describe the steps you took to manage expectations across multiple stakeholders. Include the challenges you had to overcome and describe the end result.
Burgundy Asset Management Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations on the basis of disability, and other accommodations as required by the Ontario Human Rights Code, are available on request at all stages of the selection process and during employment.