Account Analyst - Institutional team
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
The Account Analyst will be a part of PIMCO’s Sydney-based Account Management Team covering Institutional clients and Consultants with the primary focus to service clients, as well as to support business development activities.
This position requires an analytical, detail oriented professional who can:
- Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports spanning performance, trading activity, portfolio valuation and risk metrics
- Support the Account Management team through the provision of market and portfolio data
- Analyze portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution
- Handle ongoing automation of growing reporting requirements and streamlining of the reporting process
- Produce ad-hoc client, consultant, & internal requests for information
- Providing support for identifying new business development opportunities (i.e. investors, asset pools, channels), driving marketing/sales campaigns, and preparing for finals presentations and closing business
- Develop and maintain a variety of different types of materials to support new business development, existing business and other marketing campaigns
- Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, investment strategy, performance and other relevant information directly or indirectly to clients, prospective clients and consultants
- Recent graduate with at least an Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Economics, and preferably a CFA (or demonstrate an interest in progressing toward a CFA).
- Internships in a financial, client-oriented role will be considered in lieu of employment experience. Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income markets and macroeconomics, currency and derivative instruments.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint (VBA knowledge an advantage).
- Comfortable with software applications in general, including but not limited to index-provider databases, query tools and Bloomberg.
- Robust knowledge on macroeconomics, fixed income, alternative investments, and derivative instruments is a must.
- Passion for financial markets.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that all work is delivered completed, accurately, and on time.
- Effective communication skill is essential given the frequent level of client interaction.
- Actively listen and ask questions to determine and meet customer needs; go beyond normal job responsibilities to indirectly satisfy the customer.
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
- Have a strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of the firm.
- Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required.
- Have the desire to contribute to and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental assignments.
- Strong commitment to PIMCO’s culture, values and approach.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office