High Yield Credit Analyst
6 days left
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The High Yield Credit Analyst will be responsible for investments in a few major sectors and multiple companies’ securities. The individual will research new issues and secondary trade ideas, as well as surveille existing portfolio holdings. The analyst’s primary responsibility is to help client portfolios generate superior risk-adjusted returns.
- Conduct independent, fundamental high yield credit research. Analyze and explain economic, competitive, sector and political drivers that impact a borrower’s ability to repay its debt. Develop well-researched short and long-term perspectives, resulting in the assignment of TRP bond ratings, outlooks and investment recommendations.
- Create historical and projected financial models, analyzing key financial metrics to differentiate improving from deteriorating credits. Make buy, hold or sell investment recommendations incorporating the fundamental credit outlook.
- Interact with management teams, other credit analysts, rating agencies, sell-side analysts, and other TRP investment professionals, including fixed income and equity analysts. Assimilate and filter various sources of information to develop long term, well-researched investment theses on sectors and issuers.
- Communicate credit opinions and investment recommendations orally and in writing to Portfolio Managers, other TRP analysts, credit and advisory committees and external clients.
- Produce and communicate regular forecasts of bond performance in selected credits. Also develop and apply relative value metrics, seeking investments that generate above-average returns without excessive risk.
- College degree and five years of work experience analyzing credit worthiness and investing in fixed income securities
- Most critical attributes are solid analytical skills, insight and effective communication. TRP emphasizes a team oriented approach, which will require the analyst to demonstrate these attributes on both an individual and group level
- Experience understanding and evaluating creditworthiness
- Ability to make judgments based on market knowledge
- Experience with financial statement modeling and analysis
- Inquisitive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process. Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail. Open-minded thought process and intellectual honesty
- Willingness to pursue and explore ideas and potential investment opportunities, supporting one’s ideas to questioning by Portfolio Managers and other analysts
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Advanced degree (MBA) and/or CFA designation