Corporate Development Associate
2 days left
Corporate Development Associate
We are searching for a Corporate Development pro who can help us visualize investment decisions, stress-test our financing models, and support partnership discussions. Exposure to the Ag industry is a must (whether on-farm or industry).
EarthRenew is undergoing a renaissance after having been brought back into existence by a group of shareholders who saw the potential opportunity for the business to play a part in the Regenerative Agriculture movement. The team has spent the past 18 – 24 months anticipating the recommissioning of our flagship facility and developing strategic partnerships to enhance the product-market fit. Most recently we acquired a stake in Replenish Nutrients, another leading provider of regenerative solutions for producers – we are working hard to bring to life the synergies we anticipated with the acquisition.
We are searching for a Corporate Development professional who can help us visualize investment decisions, stress-test our financing models, and support partnership discussions.
You are a modelling expert and know how to validate and test the assumptions that go into a purposeful model. You know how to harness the power of excel to bring the numbers behind decisions to life and can produce a compelling powerpoint to convince stakeholders of your idea/beliefs. You have experience in or exposure to the agriculture market, power production and/or consulting sector and are comfortable in front of clients, partners and customers. You have curiosity in your DNA and a harnessed desire to apply it to solving the puzzle of where to spend the next dollar. You can wear many hats, collaborate with teammates and represent the EarthRenew brand with personality. You exemplify our core values of Respect, Curiosity, Empathy and Teamwork and relish the chance to strut your stuff.
- Maintain the corporate financial model and perform analysis as required for senior management and board of directors;
- Work with operations team members to develop and maintain accurate financial forecasts;
- Support the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities;
- Support debt and equity financing transactions;
- Explore investment options and present risks and opportunities;
- Contribute to the brainstorming, structuring and problem-solving process for a range of strategic and tactical business topics
- Conduct market research to support business strategy (ie competitive position, product assessments, market sizing)
- Present key insights and recommendations based on research and data analysis
- Drive projects forward by managing internal stakeholders, developing output materials and presenting key deliverables
SKILLS – What you bring to the role.
- Analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative, analytical capabilities, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with an ability to consider the value of the exercise relative to the business goal.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, editing, verbal, and presentation)
- Proven ability to present ideas and concepts to achieve buy-in.
- Experience with public market financing
- Excel at anticipating the needs of the team
- A love of the team environment.
- You resonate with the phrase ‘deadline-oriented’
QUALIFICATIONS - What you will need.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Agribusiness.
- Experience (and interest) in agriculture (on-farm, crop inputs, livestock and/or product/service markets) are required.
- Masters, CFA or MBA is an asset.
- 2-4 years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or corporate development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place