Investment Banking Analyst
National Bank Financial Inc. (“NBF”) is seeking to hire a full-time investment banking analyst within its Energy platform in Calgary.
Overview of National Bank Financial:
NBF is a full-service, fully integrated investment dealer with a strong national presence and international capabilities. Offices are located across the world in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, Hong Kong, Dublin, and London. The Investment Banking Group at NBF has demonstrated considerable momentum over the last few years, experiencing record profits and strong growth in deal flow. In the energy and energy infrastructure sector, NBF has steadily grown its market share to become one of the leading providers of equity/debt financing and a dominant player in the M&A advisory business. The Calgary office has a young and dynamic team that is continuing to expand and work on mandates of increasing complexity while offering a fun and productive atmosphere that is committed to excellence and that rewards success.
Qualifications and Experience:
The investment banking analyst position at NBF will appeal to highly motivated individuals that are interested in pursuing an investment banking career in an entrepreneurial and high-energy environment. We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance with a willingness to work exceptionally hard to exceed our client’s expectations. Candidates should have excellent numerical and analytical abilities, advanced oral and written communication skills, well-developed computer skills, intellectual curiosity, interest in the oil and gas, midstream and energy transition sectors, as well as a positive, enthusiastic and co-operative attitude. NBF offers exceptional opportunities to learn and contribute in a co-operative team environment that highly rewards professional excellence and individual initiative.
- Actively participate in a wide variety of transactions led by senior members of the team
- Prepare materials/presentations to clients with respect to the raising of capital from the public/private capital markets, M&A mandates and pitching/marketing
- Complete detailed financial models, company valuations and sector/industry analysis
- Perform extensive research and database work
- Attend presentations with clients alongside senior staff
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering is preferred along with a track record of outstanding academic performance
- Experience in investment banking, equity research, capital markets and/or energy/infrastructure related experience is considered an asset
- Knowledge of corporate finance, accounting, financial modeling and key themes impacting the capital markets
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities, and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A positive, enthusiastic, and co-operative attitude
- Advanced spoken/written English skills
- Exceptional team attitude including enthusiasm for team-based activities
- A professional designation (e.g. CFA, CPA, etc.) or exam enrollment is considered an asset
- Experience with geoSCOUT or Value Navigator is considered an asset
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to Allicia Moir at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “NBF Investment Banking Analyst” in the subject line of the email. Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.