About the Position
Hotchkis & Wiley is seeking a highly motivated individual to become part of our Research Associate Program. The Research Associates support our Investment Team, which currently consists of 24 members. The program is a two year program (which the company may extend to four years) and would provide an excellent foundation for someone who wants to eventually become an equity analyst or portfolio manager for an institutional asset management firm. While this program was originally designed to give pre-MBA candidates the unique opportunity to experience the asset management business prior to Business School, we will not discount applications from interested MBA or MFin candidates whom we believe would derive benefit from our program. Note that the applicant must be able to legally work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
The Quantitative Research Associate will work together with our equity analysts/portfolio managers in conducting in-depth fundamental and quantitative research for our clients, including financial modeling and the development and maintenance of our financial data infrastructure. The position is located in Los Angeles.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Develop and maintain our Bloomberg financial data infrastructure
- Develop and maintain proprietary analytical models and databases in Excel
- Collaborate with the investment team on research projects, including building tools to streamline the investment process
- Prepare investment update memos and participate in the fundamental research process
- Support colleagues on projects including portfolio analytics, portfolio reporting, and client service
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree (CFA a plus) with excellent academic credentials
- A passion for equity investing combined with creativity, integrity, and intellectual honesty
- Clients first mentality, positive, energetic, and responsive attitude
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including intermediate knowledge of Excel, accounting and finance. Experience with Bloomberg a plus. Knowledge of Python programming also a plus.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in pension fund consulting, investment banking, accounting, or related financial services
- Good communication skills, particularly written
- Team oriented individual who is willing to take the initiative and accept increasing responsibility
About Hotchkis & Wiley
Hotchkis & Wiley is an institutional asset management firm overseeing U.S. and global value equity and high yield portfolios for clients worldwide. The firm currently manages approximately $30 billion in assets and is majority owned by its management and employees. For more information refer to our website, www.hwcm.com.
Hotchkis & Wiley is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. Hotchkis & Wiley will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.