Portfolio Analyst Equity 2 - Global Dividend Payers (GDP) Equity team
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management, we put the client at the center of everything we do. Our commitment: Help clients achieve what matters most to them on their path to financial well-being. We do this by channeling the collective wisdom of our specialized investment teams (backed by over 500 investment professionals) into solutions designed to help meet clients’ goals.
We place a relentless focus on pursuing consistent and positive risk-adjusted returns, with the support of our independent risk management teams. Together, we strive to help our clients build portfolios aimed at generating successful outcomes and defending them against uncertainty.
With more than $607 billion in assets under management and offices around the world, Wells Fargo Asset Management has the resources and reach to help clients across the globe—be it institutions or intermediaries whose focus on the client is akin to our own.
The Global Dividend Payers (GDP) Equity team at Wells Fargo Asset Management is seeking to hire a research analyst. The analyst will conduct research and provide support to other Wells Capital Management portfolio managers and analysts. The ideal candidate for the role has a broader interest, outside of his/her direct responsibilities, in building out the WFAM business and brand.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research to identify attractive investment opportunities using internal, sell-side, or other external information sources.
- Understanding and presenting company key issues and catalysts efficiently to optimize the portfolio management process.
- Providing timely recommendations to portfolio manager with the goal of achieving excellent and consistent investment performance (exceeding relative benchmarks and peer groups).
- Contributing to the success of the full team through development, analysis and discussion of analytical tools.
- Participating in on-going client communication efforts including regular commentary and supporting analytics, new business and client requests.
- Developing relationships with company management teams, investor relations personnel, and sell-side analysts.
- Demonstrating consistent outstanding teamwork and communication within the GDP Equity team and throughout Wells Capital Management.
- 3+ years of equity investment research experience
- Research experience
- Ability to provide unique and differentiated insight for industries under coverage
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Other Desired Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrated experience with fundamental research and valuation skills analyzing companies in a variety of sectors
- Client facing experience
- Advanced Excel user; database experience preferred
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills
- Strong independent thinking skill
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation