Sr. Strategic Product Manager
Northern Trust Asset Management leverages deep capital markets expertise and capabilities to provide differentiated and innovative investment solutions for clients and profitable growth for shareholders. The Strategic Product Management Group (SPG) mission is to translate our asset management capabilities into a comprehensive product strategy rooted in the firm’s strategic growth plans. The SPG works collaboratively with investment manufacturing and distribution to ensure products are effectively managed through the product life cycle. We are seeking results-driven investment professionals who will play critical roles in commercialization of our core asset management capabilities.
The Senior Strategic Product Manager is a subject matter expert who develops a comprehensive product strategy, innovation and product management program to grow assets, revenues and profitability of a specific asset class or suite of products. Responsibilities lie in 3 broad areas: (1) driving product strategy and development, based on assessment of markets, clients and competitors; (2) product positioning and messaging; (3) go-to-market action plans to drive product commercialization.
- Analyze market and industry trends to inform product development and commercialization efforts. Provide timely competitive intelligence on flows, asset growth, product trends and performance.
- Position and promote products in collaboration with Product Marketing and Investment Team Strategists with focus on content development for thought leadership and sales collateral. Develop product sales ideas that are informed by current market events and competitive opportunities.
- Develop product set assessments, mapping existing products to stages of the product lifecycle, to aid in identification of gaps and establishment of product development priorities. Recommend repositioning or elimination of products as needed to enhance commercial performance.
- Drive business case development for product innovation cleared through product governance and vetting structures.
- Champion product line profitability and evolve pricing and expense management strategies to support the firm’s P&L objectives.
- Represent Products in various internal and external forums.
- Support sales/prospecting opportunities including product training.
- Bachelor degree required; MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience in the investment management industry, with direct experience in investment product management
- Strong analytical and business management skills with an ability to translate broad strategic goals into specific and measurable action plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills, prior experience with product marketing collateral development is a plus
- Strong team orientation with solid negotiation skills and an ability to influence across disciplines and outside of reporting lines; an ability to lead virtual teams
- Proficient with investment tool sets (e.g., Bloomberg, Morningstar, eVestment), Excel and Powerpoint
WORKING WITH US
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We value diversity as an essential element of our corporate culture. Whether performing as individuals or working together as teams, the quality and diversity of our employees clearly distinguishes us from our competition.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today. To learn more about us, please visit: Northern Trust Asset Management