Micro Cap Value Research Analyst
Title: Research Analyst
Employer: Foundry Partners, LLC
Job Location: Cleveland, OH
OUR COMPANY: Foundry Partners, LLC is an institutional asset manager who began operation on February 1, 2013. The company manages value and growth strategies for institutional, sub-advised and modeled portfolios and we are currently headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with a second office in Cleveland, OH.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Foundry Partners LLC is looking for an individual to join its Micro Cap Value Team in Cleveland as a Research Analyst. Our actively-managed, value approach is long-only and focused on bottom-up, fundamental analysis. The Micro Cap Value Team consists of three portfolio managers each responsible for covering specific sectors, collaborating to build a high-conviction portfolio of stocks that meet our disciplined selection criteria for our strategies. The Research Analyst will be focused on working with each of the portfolio managers in the analysis of company and industry fundamentals with a goal of taking responsibility for specific industries and sectors. Key components of the job focus on the assessment of individual company normalized earnings power, catalysts, financial strength, and degree of risk – the key drivers of in-house valuation work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the research efforts of the Value Team Portfolio Managers
- Provide maintenance research on stocks in the Micro Cap portfolios and generate new investment ideas
- Maintain highest level of ethical conduct and personal integrity in performing duties internally as well as externally as a representative of the firm in the community
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Five or more years substantive, rigorous and analytical work experience in the field of investment research, including experience in the value style and small cap equities preferred
- Excellent investment software skills required. Comfort with Excel is essential. Hands-on experience with FactSet, Bloomberg ideal
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CFA and Advanced degree preferred