Trading & Investment Operations Analyst
JSA – Trading & Investment Operations Analyst
We’re different; it’s just that simple.
At Jacobson & Schmitt, we’re a purpose-driven team of investors & advisors who believe every dollar can positively impact our lives, communities, and environment. We help conscious investors give their money a mission using a highly personalized guidance process, research-based advice, and socially responsible investment strategies.
We are looking for an experienced team member to help with our investment & trading operations.
Responsibilities will include
Support our advisor team when implementing client goals for asset allocation, custom portfolios, and tax efficiency, including:
- Proactive communication with our team of investment managers and financial advisors to implement and trade client accounts efficiently and cost-effectively
- Setting up client accounts & investing those accounts based on in-house models built in Tamarac
- Running reports to identify outliers in need of trading
- Build trade sets, reconcile, and execute trades
- Managing client needs from their portfolios (gifting, distributions, tax-loss & gain harvesting, rebalancing)
- Developing processes & procedures that connect trading to other functions of the business
- Connecting trading to operations – billing, reporting, and other projects
- Driving automation and efficiency where possible
- Ensuring transactions and activity adhere to our firm’s policies and securities laws
- A bachelor’s or a master’s degree, preferably in economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science, finance, or business
- 2-10 years of operations and investment trading experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, comfort with technology (Tamarac Advisor Suite a plus), and a general understanding of capital markets
- High level of proficiency in Excel or history of writing code
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with a passion for continuous improvement—looking for better ways to do things & willing to accept feedback.
Full-time salary starting summer 2021
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing why you’d be a good fit for this opportunity to Adam@jandsadvisors.com