Investment Analyst for 401K Plans
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Interested in a client relationship role where you can use your investment knowledge to deliver investment advice to plan sponsors and investment committees of employer-sponsored retirement plans?
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Investment Analyst is to formulate and deliver investment advice to plan sponsors and investment committees of employer-sponsored retirement plans. The position will be required to contribute to our team’s investment research and manager due diligence efforts as well as delivering advice and collateral generated by our team to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather investment data from various systems and sources to prepare client reviews.
- Conduct regular Investment Committee meetings and deliver recommendations to corporate retirement plan clients.
- Meet with investment managers and for qualitative and quantitative updates.
- Evaluate data and make strategic recommendations to retirement plan clients that reflect diligence and a reasonable basis.
- Support prospective client RFP process.
- Work in concert with investment and consulting team to support existing and prospective client investment needs.
- Conduct ad hoc projects for internal and external clients as needed.
- Assist clients in documenting investment due diligence activities consistent with their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Manage and coordinate internal research resources to deliver review collateral.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Keen analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service focus with ability to resolve issues.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Thoroughly developed presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to contribute to a cooperative, productive work environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an analyst or client service contact preferably in the securities industry.
- 5+ years of investment or retirement plan consulting experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Applicable industry licenses, as required
- CFA preferred
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.