Qatar First Bank is always in search of top talent and bright minds to contribute to the current transformation taking place at our bank. We are looking for unique individuals that are passionate and hungry to add value. Every day at QFB is a different day that presents a new challenge with the opportunity to contribute and grow. We are currently looking for a Treasury Dealer.
Purpose of the role:
Act as a member of the fixed income unit and work with other colleagues in the treasury division by assisting to manage the surplus liquidity through the deployment of funds in fixed income instruments and monitoring of the assigned investment portfolios.
- Provide Fixed-Income/MM/FX investment services to all investment portfolios through selecting and executing suitable Fixed-Income investments in accordance with the relevant investment objectives of each portfolio.
- Monitor the AMF's Sukuks portfolios through daily reviewing the valuation, performance, profit rate, maturity, characteristics, and risk parameters relative to benchmarks in order to secure the timely identification of any potential discrepancies, define their causes and recommend the appropriate course of action and available solutions.
- Continuously monitor the downgrade/upgrade of the Fixed-Income holdings and report exceptions and ensure the system is updated.
- Generate reports on Sukuks portfolios managed by the AMF.
- Carry out any other work assignments relevant to the Division.
- Knowledge of all fixed income securities including, corporate bonds, high yield, preferred’ s, convertibles, treasuries, agencies, structured products, and Funds.
- Knowledge of all MM securities including, CDs, Leverage deposits, Commercial papers.
- Good knowledge in FX trading.
- Good Knowledge in International Equity trading.
- Initiative and execute the proprietary fixed income and MM investments strategy & asset allocation.
- Execute all trading activities: buying and/or selling of Sukuk, FX, MM, Equities for the Bank’s portfolio including hedging of the positions.
- Manage repo/reverse repo transactions to improve the Bank's liquidity position. Capability to arrange funding and leverage for the fixed income book.
- Execute negotiating agreements, secured funding transaction documentation and collateral agreements.
- Conducting deep financial research, resulting in providing recommendations to the Department Head - Treasury on matters related to fixed income, MM, and Equity market activities.
- Research and monitor developments in the international capital market and provide up-to-date market analysis to Department Head – Treasury.
- Strong capability to conduct fixed income active trading including switching and trading spread as well as CDS and arbitraging.
- Very deep knowledge of the financial and capital market dynamics, trends, movements.
- Initiate the design of the Fixed Income and MM governance framework and the fixed income policy in coordination with the Department Head – Treasury.
- Close liaison with the internal stakeholders, manage and monitor the credit risk and market risk of exposures in the Treasury portfolios.
- Work closely with the Department Head –Treasury in developing hedging strategy in line with management instructions.
- Work closely with the Department Head – Treasury in developing innovative trading strategies to enhance return.
- Manage the design and development of valuation models and portfolio analysis tools for the portfolio, with adequate guidance from the Department Head.
- Ensuring timely, accurate, and efficient preparation and execution of transactions and working closely with the Middle and back office.
- Leverage network with local and global players. Develop and maintain relationships with sell/ buy-side sales and trading desks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Investment Management from a reputable university.
- A professional designation of CFA is preferable. Professional dealing certificate is an advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in fixed income investment management.
- Ability to follow and comply with work-related policies, procedures, and processes.
- Data Gathering & Analysis skills.
- Knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to follow and comply with workplace policies, procedures, and processes.
- Letters, correspondence, and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and plan for own work schedule.
- Professional use of spreadsheets and Bloomberg, Reuters, and data services.
- Investment research and studies skills.
- Securities analysis and modeling skills.
- Credit Analysis skills.