Senior Credit Associate
Alberta Central is the central banking facility, service bureau and trade association for Alberta’s credit unions. We are owned by 16 credit unions that together have more than $28 billion in system assets and serve more than 616,000 members at 194 branches across Alberta.
At Alberta Central, our purpose is to champion change in the credit union system and bring value and expertise to credit unions. Through our commitment to service, and with the efforts of our dedicated employees, we are helping credit unions meet the expectations of their members. We continue to work side by side with credit unions with a single goal in mind: to help our system grow, prosper and achieve financial success.
Reporting to Alberta Central’s Director, Lending & Banking Services, this position is responsible for managing the mid-market commercial loan portfolio maintained by Alberta Central. Working closely with our credit union partners, this position is a key resource in managing the risks associated with the syndicated loan portfolio.
- Structure, negotiate and prepare comprehensive credit applications for the Management Credit Committee at Alberta Central. Prepare and review draw requests on behalf of the syndicate group and/or the Credit Unions.
- Work with our Credit Union partners in conducting and processing annual reviews of all borrowing relationships & members under the syndicated commercial lending program.
- Coordinate syndication, administration and/or participation of the commercial loan portfolio with Credit Unions.
- Provide Credit Unions with consulting services in the areas of commercial loans development, structuring and proposals, credit applications, security packages and financial statement analysis.
- Prepare and administer standby letters of credit and facilitate the preparation of import letters of credit.
- Work with senior management to identify any developing credit concerns within the portfolio by ongoing monitoring and analysis of relevant financial, macro environment and industry information.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members.
- Support risk management and effective governance by maintaining compliance with policies, procedures and controls both corporately and within area of responsibility, ensuring they are operating effectively and escalating discrepancies to management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Related University degree and typically 8 or more years of related experience; or combination of formal education and experience.
- Lending experience in commercial mortgages, commercial or corporate banking.
- Strong experience with analyzing and understanding financial statements.
- Strong deal structuring, assessment and analysis skills.
- Completion of a CFA and or MBA considered an asset or working towards a professional designation (CFA)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Team-oriented, having experience collaborating with multiple levels and sectors of the organization.
- Must be bondable.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT OUR ORGANIZATION
- 2021 Alberta’s Top 75 Employer.
- Competitive compensation and benefit offerings.
- Open concept environment.
- Friendly team atmosphere.
- Parking subsidy, free banking services, free access to an in-house fitness facility.
- Excellent access to transit services (bus and Heritage C-Train station).
- Casual dress environment.
To express your interest in this position, submit your current resume along with a cover letter quoting Competition #21-003 by April 14, 2021.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Risk Management Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Other Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, Full Time jobs in Bachelors