Real Estate Fund Accounting Senior Manager - Yardi Integration
Job Duties in Brief:
- Act as the liaison between Client staff & Accounting/Operations to on-board clients to the technology systems.
- Analysis, Design, Setup & testing of fund structures within the company system, including the automation of capital transaction processing, consolidations, eliminations, currency exchange, and returns calculations.
- Perform due diligence analysis for scoping of on-boarding activities.
- Coordinate with all relevant teams to ensure internal workflows will meet client needs and regulatory controls.
- Coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure all necessary data is captured and migrated for client reporting and calculation models.
- Contribute to on-going discussions on operational process and best practices; document and implement process improvements.
- Maintain a pro-active customer focus at all times.
- Participate in process and system enhancement projects as required.
- Review the work of team members and provide feedback for improvement in order to guarantee timely delivery and quality of work.
- Plan resources in line with business demands, participate in the recruitment and selection process, lead, coach, develop and appraise employees within the team.
- Establish plan for new client setup and transitions.
- Keep Senior Management abreast of all material issues affecting the processing of deliverables.
- Implement training and coaching initiatives.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor's degree in either of the following or related fields: Accounting, Finance, Information Systems; ACA, CPA or CFA preferred
- 5-7+ years real estate and/or private equity experience
- Strong analytical and integration experience involving complex data sets.
- Public/private accounting experience, predominantly in the real estate & alternative investment sectors
- Experience in reviewing real estate operations and financial statements (Fair Value, GAAP, IFRS)
- Experience in performance reporting - NCREIF, GIPS (AIMR)
- Knowledge of local statutory reporting requirements across North American and Europe a plus
- Knowledge and experience in real estate accounting systems (Yardi, Investran, etc.). Yardi Investment Management module experience highly preferred
- Strong team player who exhibits excellent communication and written skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability of work product
- Team management experience