(Senior) Credit Analyst, Investment Grade [New York]
Are you a strong analytical thinker and open to new challenges? Do you want to join an ambitious and forward-thinking global asset manager with a strong focus on responsible investing? This is a great opportunity for an individual with strong fundamentals-based analysis experience to contribute to the growth and success of our Global Investment Grade Credit team. The role is based in our New York City office.
Your impact as a (Senior) Credit Analyst at NN Investment Partners
The Global Investment Grade Credit team manages in excess of EUR 39 billion (USD 46 billion) across a variety of funds and mandates, including third-party Global IG, Euro IG, Sustainable Credit, Green Bond and Covered Bond strategies, and the proprietary assets of NN Group. You will support our growing franchises by providing high-quality fundamental analysis of Investment Grade corporate issuers domiciled in the United States, undertaking insightful sector research, and making relative value or buy & hold investment recommendations.
As a (Senior) Credit Analyst, Investment Grade you will assume primary credit coverage of investment-grade corporate issuers across a variety of sectors. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Performing in-depth analysis on issuers, including financial and non-financial reports, earnings results, rating changes, bond documentation and management meetings
- Undertaking sector research to assess the competitive landscape, identify key trends, determine material sector-specific ESG factors and inform top-down sector allocation
- Preparing and maintaining financial models, ESG reviews, rating scorecards and other internal assessments on issuers
- Assessing relative value and/or buy & hold investment suitability
- Participating proactively in investment team meetings, developing a strong working relationship with Portfolio Manager(s), and collaborating effectively with other key internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
As a (Senior) Credit Analyst, Global Investment Grade you are both analytical and commercial. You will adapt equally well to fastmoving markets and a changing work environment. Besides that:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a fixed income corporate credit/analytics role at an asset management firm, investment bank or rating agency
- Excellent understanding of financial modelling, credit ratios, and qualitative issuer and sector-level analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication, including enthusiasm for team-based discussion
- Good knowledge of sustainable investing or ESG integration would be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree is a requirement, preferably combined with MBA/CFA (or progress towards)
The Global Investment Grade Credit team at NN Investment Partners consists of 19 dedicated portfolio managers and analysts. The Portfolio Managers and Credit Analysts are aligned by sectors or mandates, each with clearly defined responsibilities but working together to improve risk-adjusted returns and help our clients realise their investment goals. The company’s broader fixed income capabilities are extensive, including among others investment teams focussed on Global Rates, High Yield, Emerging Markets Debt and Convertible Bonds in the US, Europe, and Asia. Across all teams, departments, and locations there is a strong focus on sharing investment ideas and supporting joint initiatives, particularly in the areas of entrepreneurial innovation and responsible investing.
The official location for the (Senior) Credit Analyst, Investment Grade job opportunity is New York City.
It is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to set out your own development path
About NN Group and NN Investment Partners
NN Investment Partners is proud to be part of NN Group, an international financial services company, active in 20 countries. NN Group provides retirement services, pensions, insurance, investments, and banking products to approximately 18 million customers. NN Group is listed on Euronext Amsterdam (NN).
As of 31 December 2020, NN Investment Partners manages EUR 300 billion (USD 367 billion) of assets for institutions and individuals worldwide, employs around 1,000 staff and has offices in 15 countries across Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia, and the Middle East.
Will you be our new colleague?
If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role.
NN Investment Partners is an inclusive and responsible employer
NNIP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. NNIP is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the vacancy or the process, give us a call or let us know on WhatsApp. You can reach out to contact Mina Bahaj via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)6 15066245.