Investment Operations and Portfolio Implementation
Primary duties and Responsibilities: An important component of our strategic growth plan, the Investment Operations and Portfolio Implementation role will be responsible for streamlining implementation of investment decisions and ensuring consistent management of individually managed portfolios.
- This person must be willing and capable of taking ownership of all aspects the firm’s investment execution process using model portfolios combined with custom account settings.
- The first three-to-six months will skew dramatically to completing the firm’s implementation of Orion’s trade order management software, Eclipse.
- Longer-term this position will include leveraging this software to streamline the overall Portfolio Management processes.
- Time permitting, this position could include investment research and asset allocation contributions in the future.
Responsibilities will include, though are not limited to:
- Overseeing portfolio trading and investment strategy adherence for Woodmont’s individually managed portfolios.
- Efficiently trading and optimizing after-tax performance of Woodmont’s managed portfolios leveraging technology and tools available in Eclipse.
- Working closely with relationship managers to ensure account-level settings are accurate and reflective of clients’ investment policy statements and individual needs.
- Identifying accounts/positions exceeding predetermined tolerance thresholds.
- Maintaining real-time up-to-date model portfolios reflecting allocation changes resulting from our internal research process and investment committee decisions.
- Facilitating broad model portfolio rebalancing.
- Managing client cash balances appropriately, including investing and/or raising cash as needed and sometimes in a time sensitive environment.
- Working closely with portfolio administrators and external trade desks to quickly resolve trade errors.
- Identifying ways to consistently improve investment operations with the primary goals of enhancing the client experience and increasing the firm’s efficiency.
- Working closely with relationship managers and back-office personnel to ensure a smooth and timely onboarding process of new clients with respect to portfolio management and Eclipse model assignments.
- Participating in the firm’s overall investment process.
SKILLS and qualifications Essential:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- ·5 – 7+ Years’ Experience in portfolio management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Proven track record of working in trading or portfolio management role
- Organized, with the ability to perform multiple tasks accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of SEC advisory regulations with respect to trading.
- Post-Secondary education demonstrative of interest and knowledge of field
- Extensive experience with Eclipse or similar portfolio system
- Ability to maintain composure and focus through stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve problems autonomously while also working well in a team-based environment
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Passion for equity markets and investing in general
- High quality of work, knowledge of wealth planning and investment processes
- Emotionally disciplined to effectively read personalities to maximize an effective outcome of trading scenarios
- A trustworthy and dependable team player of high character
- Fair and balanced
- A focused, dedicated, open-minded personality
- Consistent problem solving and resolution
More searches like this
- Operations Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors