Operational Due Diligence Analyst
Commensurate with experience.
Job Posting Number:
Open Until Closed
Number of Openings:
Our mission is simply stated: ERS offers competitive benefits to enhance the lives of its members. Each team member across the agency contributes to our ongoing success.
The Operations team in the Investments Division at ERS is seeking an Operational Due Diligence Analyst to perform advanced (senior-level) investment-related external relationship due diligence and financial and controls analysis. Work involves reviewing, analyzing and evaluating data for responses to complex inquiries; completing time-sensitive written and oral tasks relating to due diligence reviews of external relationships’ operating controls; reviewing and testing data integrity within investment systems.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to:
- Under the leadership of the Senior Operational Due Diligence Analyst performs independent operational due diligence along with investment team professionals for external investment relationships.
- Perform third-party controls reviews, including accumulation of data, reporting and on-going monitoring of responses.
- Review various forms of documentation and conduct interviews (on-site with operational management) to establish facts pertaining to business and operational risk and evaluate the overall quality of systems, controls, infrastructure and personnel in order to identify issues relevant to the overall investment decision.
- Write detailed reports containing comprehensive information and analysis related to the business and operational environment at the manager, advisor or fund which are published and presented to the investment team and internal investment committee members.
- Review the organization, accounting and trading operations, operational risk management, cash, vendors and regulatory compliance in order to identify operational risks within the firm.
- Reviews and tests data integrity within investment systems.
- Reviews, verifies or assists in the preparation of daily, monthly and ad hoc reports for the portfolio managers and senior management.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with the Investments Ethics Policy and all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform ongoing evaluation of continuous changes in the industry and make recommendations regarding the impact to the operational due diligence process.
- Prepares portfolio reports for regulatory and oversight organizations.
- May provide training of new staff.
- Recommends improvements in procedures for key investment operations processes.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
- Three (3) years of experience in due diligence reviews or auditing, investment accounting, investment operations or financial analysis.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Experience with due diligence reviews or auditing of control environments within the financial services industry. Experience in and extensive use of advanced MS Excel functions
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: Work is temporarily performed remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. When it is safe to return, work will be performed in an office environment. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty (https://hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_AccountingAuditingandFinance.pdf) along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989