Senior Financial Analyst
Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. The company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,500 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, the company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 52-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’s Senior Financial Analyst, you will be primarily responsible for working with the AVP, Finance Manager and Financial Analyst to prepare the monthly corporate earnings model and assist in the implementation and management of the company’s web-based financial forecasting and budgeting tool (Adaptive Insights). In this role, you will interface with Senior Management, as you are responsible for ad-hoc scenario analysis modeling to provide actionable takeaways. Additionally, you will partner with various department heads to budget and reforecast operating expenses, capital spending, and other analytical support to make informed financial decisions on behalf of their functions.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
Financial Modeling and Analytics
- Design and maintain integrated financial and budget models in Adaptive Insights
- Create, refine and train functional leaders on customized “dashboard” metrics via Adaptive Insights
- Regularly update the corporate cash flow forecast model based on outlook changes across the business, including acquisitions, capital markets, credit underwriting and real estate operations
- Preparation of monthly cash flow memo in support of BOD and executive meetings
- Preparation of sensitivity analysis for the management team
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Preparation of annual budget/quarterly forecasts based on input from department leads
- Train and educate department budget owners to analyze takeaways and refine their spending projections via Adaptive Insights
- Monitoring and internal reporting of budget to actual variances and trend analysis, including an actionable summary of takeaways and insights monthly for senior management
- Coordination of property-level expense budgeting and capital expenditures
- Review materials for quarterly earnings call
- Preparation of reports for credit agencies
- Involvement in the streamlining of internal processes to gain efficiencies and maintain sound internal controls, including software solutions for finance and accounting, as necessary
- Special projects, as needed, including formally documenting the conclusions of management, with the review and approval of the SVP of Finance, Controller, and/or the CFO
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- BS in Accounting/Finance.
- 4+ years previous experience in industry, public accounting or investment banking, preferably with REIT industry experience.
- Previous experience with Adaptive Insights is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with Yardi ERP system is preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Financial Analyst license (preferred)
- Excellent financial modeling and Excel skills
- Experience with financial software systems, particularly Adaptive Insights or similar web-based financial forecasting tools
- Strong work ethic and commitment to generating superior product
- Ability to execute in ambiguous situations and take the lead without explicit instructions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet public company reporting deadlines.
- Strong financial acumen; facile with all of the company’s key financial statements. Must have a clear and thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC, and SOX regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities, including the ability to communicate complex ideas to large groups and very senior levels of management.
- Experience with Yardi general ledger software preferred
- Good PC skills including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent PC skills in Excel (including but not limited to VLOOKUPs, complex/compound equations, logical equations, macros, pivot tables and the ability to understand/build/edit complex financial models)
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing requirements and creatively solve problems effectively and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy