Portfolio Specialist – US Fixed Income (High Yield)
Portfolio Specialist – US Fixed Income Job Description
The primary role of the Portfolio Specialist is to support portfolio managers across a range of fixed income strategies, by representing them in meetings and communications with institutional and intermediary prospects, clients, consultants, and internal staff. This specialist will be the lead on the US High Yield strategy and will also be conversant on fixed income markets generally. The specialist is required to travel to meet with clients, prospects and consultants primarily in the US and EMEA but potentially also in other regions. The US High Yield team is located in Philadelphia. If not based in Philadelphia, the Portfolio Specialist will be expected to spend a significant amount of time in the Philadelphia office in order to build relationships and stay connected with the US High Yield team. A primary objective of the role is to minimize the amount of time spent by portfolio managers and their investment teams meeting and communicating with prospects, clients, and consultants; enabling portfolio management teams to place maximum focus on the investment process, while at the same time helping to ensure that the firm excels in its sales and client service efforts. The Portfolio Specialist is responsible for the message of strategies supported and works closely with portfolio analysts, institutional writers, and other internal staff to ensure that all communications, marketing materials, RFP responses, etc. are current and accurate. The Portfolio Specialist also works closely with sales, consultant relations, client service and other internal staff to communicate relevant information regarding the investment strategies supported; including reviewing investment performance, portfolio composition and characteristics, rationale for holdings, investment decisions, etc. The Portfolio Specialist is accompanied by sales and client service professionals in meetings and presentations.
Support the gathering and retention of assets under management by working closely with sales and client service professionals. Serve as the representative of the portfolio manager in meetings with institutional and intermediary prospects, clients, and consultants. Maintain in-depth knowledge of investment strategies covered. Attend investment meetings, read research reports, utilize information services, etc. to maintain knowledge base required to successfully represent portfolio managers and investment strategies covered. Serve as the expert for investment strategies covered. Provide investment strategy and performance context, voice, and messaging guidance to internal staff, including portfolio analysts, institutional writers, and other staff responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audiences. Provide investment strategy education to internal staff in one-on-one or group settings as appropriate.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of proven experience in the investment management industry. Proven experience can include portfolio management, investment research, investment consulting, or institutional client service. Previous experience working as an investment analyst or portfolio manager is helpful. MBA and/or CFA is highly desired.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Strong preference for buy side experience in portfolio management, investment research, or institutional client service.
- Previous experience with absolute return type strategies preferred.
- Must have a passion for the investment business with a deep understanding of investment concepts and have a strong working knowledge of investment strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated track record of success in effectively presenting complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Outstanding relationship management skills with ability to interact well with portfolio managers, other investment professionals, sales and client service professionals, and institutional clients and consultants.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well within a collaborative, but fast-paced and unstructured environment.
- Highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Possess a high level of personal integrity and a passion for achieving competitive results.
- Demonstrate a high energy level and desire to succeed coupled with the poise and temperament necessary to work effectively in a team environment.
- Relevant experience can include portfolio management, investment research, investment consulting, or institutional client service.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20-40% of the time.
More searches like this
- Academics Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Equities Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Asset Management Full Time jobs in Masters